Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I've noticed there has been a change over the past decade in who is buying new Ferraris, Lamborghinis and McLarens. Now most new car buyers in this market are overseas-born and mostly Asian. Is it the same in other states?

Offline Fortis

• 300kph+ club

mhh is planning new marketing strategies  :p

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

mhh is planning new marketing strategies  :p

Planning?  I'm deep into execution. Are you free for yum cha on Saturday?? :p

Offline NBTBRV8

I think the demographic has changed, but it is the same old adage of follow the money.  Technology and property boom has brought a greater earning potential to younger people.

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

Not sure if its the same here as ZAG have it pretty much to themselves and I see quite a mixed bag when I go there (which is often)

Offline psw

• Keep smiling

I think its a trend the world over, lots of money in & out of China now  :)
Keep Smiling

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
Not sure if its the same here as ZAG have it pretty much to themselves and I see quite a mixed bag when I go there (which is often)

I agree, the buyers in Melbourne don't fit one particular ethnicity, social or work demographic. They are all over the shop.

The one overwhelmimg trait that I have seen develop over the last decade or so is that buyers are no longer exclusively "car guys" who buy purely for the love of driving. These days the majority are buying the badge as a luxury lifestyle accessory.
I imagine that changes how you market the product significantly.

If you want to play the game, look at the existing operators and see who does it best. Then work out how you can do it better.
For me that would be Zagame and it would take contacts and extremely deep pockets to improve on that formula.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Lots of money around at present much of it from China.

The house I sold just over a year ago has been demolished , the owner (not Chinese) is building a monster of a place, the basement will run the whole length of the block and it will take at least 18 months to completion......and that's not the only one in the street, one a few doors down under construction it's hard to see the bottom of the excavation for the basement there from the street.

You wouldn't put just anything in a garage like that.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
There is a lot of money floating around generally. Lots and lots of people have done well in business and anybody who has owned a house in the cities for a while has tons of equity due to supply/demand increasing values. The free money bonanza continues and returns are poor in traditional investments. In other words the perfect storm for inflating asset values and skyrocketing sales in luxury goods like cars.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Many are guessing a lot of it is borrowed.