Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

Any recommendations in terms of whom to use in Melbourne to get some chips repaired.

Offline NBTBRV8

No recommendations for the repair, but I keep on banging on about Clearplex, it is well worth it even if not just for trips to NT.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
No recommendations for the repair, but I keep on banging on about Clearplex, it is well worth it even if not just for trips to NT.

Have you had this fitted yet mate? I emailed a query on their corporate site a few months back and heard nothing in return. Was going to do the 67 Masser Windscreen as they're harder to get.
C'mon, do it!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Have you had this fitted yet mate? I emailed a query on their corporate site a few months back and heard nothing in return. Was going to do the 67 Masser Windscreen as they're harder to get.

Ain't they the same as a 308 Ferrari?????     :tilt:

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Ain't they the same as a 308 Ferrari?????     :tilt:

erm. If you don't want to clean it up here, don't start it!   :)
C'mon, do it!

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
erm. If you don't want to clean it up here, don't start it!   :)

lol
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline NBTBRV8

Yes I have fitted it to my Cayman.  The car is 5 weeks old and has had two hard rock strikes.  One will probably be negligible as it was a double impact which helped spread the load across the film.  The one I got last week was really low down in the screen and hit hard.  It has punched the film and left a pit, but I have no doubt that without the film it would have written the screen off.

Clarity is as close to perfect as you can get, you have to adjust your focus to look for the film to "just" see it, but looking through it it is fine.  I haven't had any issues with polarised glasses either.

I originally fitted it some years ago to my GT3 which I sourced from http://precision-autowerks.com/clearplex-windshield-protection/, and it saved the screen a few times.  When I sold it and bought a BMW they didn't have the pre-cut film for the BMW then, so I ordered a couple of lineal metres from the Australia wholesaler and it was a disaster.

The Australian film felt different but the wholesaler told me it was the same as the US sourced stuff.  When we unrolled it the film had lines through it that either came about through being rolled up or from production.  My installer tried to fit it but just couldn't get it to sit down so he gave up.  I complained to the local wholesaler and even sent the film back at my cost to point out the lines etc, but they didn't even come back to me to try and explain it.  When I originally enquired with the Australian wholesaler I emailed them and they didn't reply either, so I ended up calling.

I then bought from Precision Autowerks again for the Cayman and the installer didn't have any issues installing it.  At this rate the film will only last me maybe less than a year, but it is protecting the screen well.

I'd see if Gus at Precision can supply you a couple of lineal metres.  I will buy another Cayman one, so if anybody wants to be part of a group buy, I am in.

Offline Fortis

• 300kph+ club

I am interested in one for the GT4, please PM info or where to send money. Thank you.

Offline NBTBRV8

I am interested in one for the GT4, please PM info or where to send money. Thank you.

Why don't we see if we can get a few orders together, but I will take one if we can get a few.