Offline Fortis

• 300kph+ club

Why don't we see if we can get a few orders together, but I will take one if we can get a few.

I don't know any other owners, are they precut or the installer will have to cut the film?

Offline NBTBRV8

I don't know any other owners, are they precut or the installer will have to cut the film?

I've posted the question in the Australian GT4 thread on Rennlist, there are quite a few owners there, if nothing comes of it I'll ship one with you.

The film is precut, so any trimming required (if any) is minimal.  The kit come complete with everything, needed for your installer to fit it.  If they can do PPF, then they should be able to do Clearplex.

Offline Fortis

• 300kph+ club

I've posted the question in the Australian GT4 thread on Rennlist, there are quite a few owners there, if nothing comes of it I'll ship one with you.

The film is precut, so any trimming required (if any) is minimal.  The kit come complete with everything, needed for your installer to fit it.  If they can do PPF, then they should be able to do Clearplex.

You are very kind, I am willing to compensate you for your effort. Thank you once again.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

You are very kind, I am willing to compensate you for your effort. Thank you once again.

Slab of VB????

Offline NBTBRV8

I swapped over my Clerplex film on Friday and I must say, that I am really pleased with what this stuff does.   It was incredible, the screen wasn't stone glazed/pitted at all, it was like new.

The film had started to scratch from the wiper blades after daily use, and a patch had started to de-laminate.  We just heated the film up slightly and it peeled off really well leaving a negligible amount of glue behind.

I had three hard hits in 9 months.  The first was a double impact up by the mirror.  It was the first major hit to the screen when the car was new and I thought it would have marked the screen.  When the film came off it really didn't damage the glass at all.

The next one was a very hard hit, low down in the screen that at the time would have written the screen off for sure.  It punched through the film and pitted the screen. but nothing more than that.  There is a mark on the screen but you really have to look for it now to see it.

The last one is another low hit and it looks worse in the photos than what it really is.

Overall I can't speak highly enough of this stuff.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

That's something you don't see every day, a Blackberry phone.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
I tried to have clearplex fitted to the 675LT. The guy tried for about 4hrs; but the screen on McLarens is far too curved unfortunately and it kept lifting off after application.
Clearplex and full stone cip film on the paint are essential for Tasmania  IMO.

Offline NBTBRV8

I tried to have clearplex fitted to the 675LT. The guy tried for about 4hrs; but the screen on McLarens is far too curved unfortunately and it kept lifting off after application.
Clearplex and full stone cip film on the paint are essential for Tasmania  IMO.

I had this problem with a garden variety BMW.  The problem is that you can't use the stuff off the roll, you need to buy the pre-cut and pre-formed stuff.  They heat the film up to pre-shape it to the screen.

You'd need to send some enquiries off to see if they have done one yet.