Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

Having had so much fun last year with the 430CH ,Formula Ford and with great people ,I've made up my mind to jump back into owning another open wheeler either a Pacific car like a Ralt RT4 or if i can find one an early '80s European formula 2 car like a Chevron or March powered by a BMW M12/7 2 litre.

Id love to buy a Ralt Honda RH-6 but i understand as all the motors were owned by Honda ..it will never happen.

So the search begins ,the car will be kept in QLD  with the aim of racing at all the meetings we do with the M3. :D

Aim to be on the track at the start of 2016...ps no need to apply as a driver as we already have one lined up. :D

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
good move
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

good move
i figure why not,been out of it for 10 years ,the people i like are still around and plenty are edging me on.

Got the money and time to do it and the guys in QLD I've known for years and have had many good times over the years.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
i figure why not,been out of it for 10 years ,the people i like are still around and plenty are edging me on.

Got the money and time to do it and the guys in QLD I've known for years and have had many good times over the years.

Rob - how do you go about finding these cars and shortlisting down to one to buy?
C'mon, do it!

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

Rob - how do you go about finding these cars and shortlisting down to one to buy?
3 web sites

My105

racecars direct

racecars.com

always cars for sale plus I've got good contacts in England and another guy i know is often buying cars in Japan.

shortlist.

by make and group you wish to run.

For me I like slicks and open wheelers 

Plenty of ralt rt4s around to buy but I'd prefer a 2 litre car which has about 50 bhp more then a 1.6 car and carries more tyre.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
3 web sites

My105

racecars direct

racecars.com

always cars for sale plus I've got good contacts in England and another guy i know is often buying cars in Japan.

Thanks for that, sounds like a fantastic project. How's it work for racecars in terms of picking one to do a deal on? I've test driven plenty of road cars before buying - do you get the same option for racecars of this type - or are you relying on your mechanic to inspect and prior providence?
C'mon, do it!

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

Thanks for that, sounds like a fantastic project. How's it work for racecars in terms of picking one to do a deal on? I've test driven plenty of road cars before buying - do you get the same option for racecars of this type - or are you relying on your mechanic to inspect and prior providence?
hard one if you buy overseas be prepared to spend money on the car.

Few of the guys in Australia have good names others poor names as to there cars

you go buy race time results  often and or take the car to the track subject to buying and let the owner put some times in then buy.

Offline Simonoz

• Drives: Old 911's and V8's
I look forward to seeing how this comes together for you. Seems like a great way to go, racing a proper car up and down the east coast. Very jealous.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

I look forward to seeing how this comes together for you. Seems like a great way to go, racing a proper car up and down the east coast. Very jealous.
done it before for 25 odd years

Good people in the system matter of finding the car.

In the meantime where busy with the 430ch and getting the M3 ready for mid-year historics.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

Having seen the crap group R historic field at Phillip Island this weekend,I'm not sure i could be bothered bringing out a period Formula 2 car.

Just as easy to buy a Pacific car for a lot less money like a Ralt RT4, and just do the 2 QLD historic meetings and the various formula Libre events  in QLD.