Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Offline Joel

This place is 10mins down the road from me. Consignment yard ran by a bunch of dodgy looking characters. More then happy to check it out. Not a big Lotus man so might have to ping me over some questions/info needed.

Offline Paulstar

Very nice, I haven't owned one before but I'd be happy to venture out on the weekend and have a good look at it.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

This place is 10mins down the road from me. Consignment yard ran by a bunch of dodgy looking characters. More then happy to check it out. Not a big Lotus man so might have to ping me over some questions/info needed.

Already spoke to one on the phone, he had zero info to give me, just said "it either hasn't been tracked or at least not professionally" - whatever that means. Not that I really care - I'm not a fastidious guy, I'd rather something was used well than pampered.

Offline j15

My place is a 2 min walk away from this yard. Happy to kick tyres with Joel on Saturday if you like Ash.

Offline j15

Also, tow hooks, roll cage, stickers all point to track use. Assume that it's been tracked unless tyre kickers can establish otherwise.

Offline Joel

Already spoke to one on the phone, he had zero info to give me, just said "it either hasn't been tracked or at least not professionally" - whatever that means. Not that I really care - I'm not a fastidious guy, I'd rather something was used well than pampered.

They seem very simple there. A lot of older Ford's and Holdens there with a mix of the standard Euro consignment cars 360's and so forth

Offline Paulstar

Also, tow hooks, roll cage, stickers all point to track use. Assume that it's been tracked unless tyre kickers can establish otherwise.

+1 for some reason as soon as I saw the pictures, I thought of those ex racers that were for sales a few years ago

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

The cage is only a roll bar, not full. Doubt it's been raced but must have had some fun times at track days.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

+1 for some reason as soon as I saw the pictures, I thought of those ex racers that were for sales a few years ago

Yeah:

https://aussieexotics.com/forum/lotus-for-sale/ex-lotus-elise-2004-race-series-35k-3274.0.html

Edit: Both have the same "watermark" across the dash...

This car:

Ex-racer: