Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Xmas driving - old lady stops in the middle of the road waiting for someone 30 meters away to move.
Line of traffic waiting 3 minutes for someone to turn into Mc Donalds from the center of the road.
Old woman takes a full minute to turn into Safeway because she waits for EVERYONE to move first, even people who look like they might move, she waits, just in case then there's a stand off between her and anther elderly person who wants to get out of Safeway, they both wait for each other to move, while waiting I go to the local servo to fill up.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
OMG - have you seen the price of petrol?

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
OMG - have you seen the price of petrol?

Did you want a ride somewhere?  :p

Offline Paulstar

Are we having a whinge about other people? allow me..

Pedestrian crossings, if your in a car..wait till the people have crossed, if your on foot, cross!

Today I was walking upto one to cross the road, and there are a few cars waiting and a few people walking along, some guy in front of me and walking in the same direction as me stops, and waives a car through, so that car starts driving, but the girl next to him never realised and so of course she kept walking, and the car almost drove over her.  :melting:

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
yeah I hate it when people try to be nice to eachother when there is a pedestrian or a driver communicating with eachother.... that is when accidents/injuries happen. If everyone stuck to the rules then there would be no miscommunication or confusion.

I don't know if you interstaters have them but my pet hate is people confusing a "refuge island" as a pedestrian crossing (usually a busy road that isn't a main road but doesn't have a medium line down the middle).

Either an idiot pedestrian just walks out in front of you thinking they have right of way, or the idiot driver in front of you for no reason decides to stop in the middle of the road to let people cross the road when they are standing on the refuge island, probably mistaking it as a zebra crossing.

:doh:
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline 986986

• Drives: 997.2 S PDK; '12 Cayenne Diesel (family bus)
I have a simple rule:

If Pedestrians stay off the road (unless at crossings etc where it is there right of way), I promise I won't drive on the pavement

What is it about people ambling and strutting in front of on coming traffic in order to prove there irritation to motorists

Cars and people don't mix... simple as that

and another thing WTF is the go with shared zones ... LUNACY!!!!

Ok rant over!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

yeah I hate it when people try to be nice to eachother

Old ladies I've noticed are nice to the point of letting everyone in sight go before they do, regardless of road rules and they slow up at green lights "just in case they start to change" and they get the chance to jam on the breaks.

Offline a.taylor

I often employ the swerve to scare tactic to pedestrians being particularly rude and or silly about walking on the road. Puts them back in their place very quickly ;)

Offline MC

• nee SydneySpotter

• Name: Marcus
Yesterday on George St I was walking across the road at the pedestrian crossing. The traffic lights went red so I waited a bit then started to cross, only to find a Honda Civic going about 50km/h right at me, through the red light. I ran back towards the footpath but still was hit on the leg and run over on my foot. The driver then stopped and said "I'm sorry, I'm just clumsy".  :doh:

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Yesterday on George St I was walking across the road at the pedestrian crossing. The traffic lights went red so I waited a bit then started to cross, only to find a Honda Civic going about 50km/h right at me, through the red light. I ran back towards the footpath but still was hit on the leg and run over on my foot. The driver then stopped and said "I'm sorry, I'm just clumsy".  :doh:

Clumsy ? Tell it to the judge :thumbsdown: