Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
That is why I always go by the rule that cars can crash and get mended, people getting crashed by a car can not get meded so easily.
If you a pedestrian YOU have to look out for yourself, purely because no one else will. I don't understand pedestrians that blindly cross the road just because the light says they can.... who cares if you are in the right, it is still your life at risk.

Sydneyspotter and anyone else, don't step onto the road unless you know it is safe, drivers for one reason or another sometimes make mistakes, don't let their mistake be your punnishment.
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline MC

• nee SydneySpotter

• Name: Marcus
That is why I always go by the rule that cars can crash and get mended, people getting crashed by a car can not get meded so easily.
If you a pedestrian YOU have to look out for yourself, purely because no one else will. I don't understand pedestrians that blindly cross the road just because the light says they can.... who cares if you are in the right, it is still your life at risk.

Sydneyspotter and anyone else, don't step onto the road unless you know it is safe, drivers for one reason or another sometimes make mistakes, don't let their mistake be your punnishment.
I always check. It's just this time the Honda came screaming around the corner so I didn't have enough time to get out of the way.

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG

funny enough i forgot to go to court to defend a matter like this yesterday... they walked out when the green man came on with out checking

sorry to who ever was hoping settle the litigation prior to xmas  :tilt:
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.

You just reminded me of a guy I met at Bendigo a few years back... Saved for years to go to LA... hes arrived at his hotel on Hollywood Blvd, dumped his gear in his room, walked 20 metres to a set of traffic lights and crossed on the walk light .... next thing you know hes been hit by an F100 and spends the next 2 weeks in hospital before being shipped back to Australia in a wheelchair with 2 knee recons.... The driver ran the red, but he payed the price.

Offline app

My biggest annoyance on the roads is where 2 lanes merge into one...

Where the rule states that whoever is furthest up front between the two lanes has the right of way, so many people are just disobeying it

People at the back are sitting within cm of the car in front of them and clearly not giving way to the person in the next lane that are clearly further up front than them not giving them any room to slip into the lane causing the person in the next lane to slam the breaks if not slow down significantly.

Anyone who does that to me gets a long press on the horn...

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I'm a nut case on the road, if they recorded what I say the SAS would be after me in Black Hawke choppers.

When I was in Europe I noticed our bus driver was so very calm, I would have gone berserk many times but if someone cut him off he would just back off and take no notice, it didn't matter what confronted him, he was totally and completely relaxed, then I realised thats the way I should be, there's no point getting hot under the collar because some bozo is a freeking road block or simply can't drive, you're never going to fix that and by getting angry you just hurt yourself.

Anyway having observed all that and realising how true it is I get home and I'm still the same. :doh:

Offline TomE

Got done on Churchill Rd in my bosses car yesterday.

This ain't going to be pretty. 

:doh:
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline Last_Ride

• Drives: a thing with 4 wheels
  • Name: call me habib
I'm a nut case on the road, if they recorded what I say the SAS would be after me in Black Hawke choppers.

When I was in Europe I noticed our bus driver was so very calm, I would have gone berserk many times but if someone cut him off he would just back off and take no notice, it didn't matter what confronted him, he was totally and completely relaxed, then I realised thats the way I should be, there's no point getting hot under the collar because some bozo is a freeking road block or simply can't drive, you're never going to fix that and by getting angry you just hurt yourself.

Anyway having observed all that and realising how true it is I get home and I'm still the same. :doh:
Very familiar situation ...... I do the same
my car does 0-100 in 30 mins

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44014241@N03/

Offline Paulstar

You might as well just take it easy on the road, chances are all those people that you overtake and cut off will just catch up to you at the next red light. And on the freeway unless your really hooking it / covering long distance an extra 10/20KMH makes SFA difference to the travel time.

Far and away the best place to be a pedestrian is Vietnam, you just walk, and the traffic drive around you. Its surreal and i don't recommend it here at all, but over there! so good!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CU1PR4d1wM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CU1PR4d1wM</a>

Offline Cuso

Very familiar situation ...... I do the same

+1, it took some driving courses to work out I was just being stupid by caring about being cut off etc.

Now I just plan to get to where I am going, even took the "CAUTION Overtaking will cause a Race" sticker off the car.

But if you roll every issue together list in this thread, welcome to Canberra driving........ Plus we have the dimplomat vehicles that don't know how to drive, which side of the road to be on and don't have to pay fines.

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Ferrari ] Australian Delivered 308GTB 'glass 360c Today at 17:27
[ Cars ] OFFICIAL - 2015 FERRARI F12 TDF !!! 360c Today at 17:25
[ Off Topic ] Are we at War yet???? 360c Today at 17:21
[ Cars ] The cool other car photo thread allanuber Today at 16:28
[ Funny Cool Stoopid ] it's funny cause i'm drunk!! dodger Today at 15:00
[ Off Topic ] Teevee and moovees dodger Today at 09:55
[ Cars ] Spotted thread fivesix Yesterday at 22:23