Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
Being a Keith boy, I know Emu Flat Road but I've never driven into Victoria that way.  Is it possible?  My map says no...

I couldnt find it, but I havent tried to find it from the vic side, the map has a dead straight road that comes to a sudden stop at the border
its dirt anyway, so I wouldnt be trying to find it these days, my previous adventure was in a camry I didnt care about

Offline Paulstar

I've never drive then route you mapped out, not sure of the quality/quantity of twisties. Alternate suggestion goes through Bathurst, Jenolan caves Rd, Bells line of Rd and then toll highways to get you into Sydney  :cool:

Bathurst has the circuit, Jenolan caves is nice and the roads are great!, Bells line of road has nice twisties + passes through Bilpin = home made apple pie. Toll roads are boring but from Richmond to Sydney the only other source of fun would be to make your way to old pacific highway and up to Mount White / Mooney mooney bridge but that's a serios Detour at this point.  :thumbsup:

Offline Joel

Which route from Tumut to Batemans?  Can you map it for us?

Will do it tonight for you mate. On the mobile at the moment.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Will do it tonight for you mate. On the mobile at the moment.

Thanks - I'm thinking  Day 1 is Adelaide to Albury (via Ouyen to avoid the road through Bordertown which I've driven too often this year), and Day 2 to explore the Snowy Mountains in the morning before reaching Sydney via the coast in the afternoon/evening.

Just a quick question - if I get a traffic fine in NSW during a double demerits period, do I get double points on my SA licence or only the equivalent SA penalty of fine and regular points?

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Just a quick question - if I get a traffic fine in NSW during a double demerits period, do I get double points on my SA licence or only the equivalent SA penalty of fine and regular points?
Not if you use an overseas license.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline j15

Mark

I did a case on this once. There is a national scheme to cover these sorts of incidents, it is called the Demerit Points Exchange (the DPX) (google it to find out more). The short point is that if you rack up points in another jurisdiction, the Courts have a power to have those points recorded in your home jurisdiction through the DPX.

Technology and communication has been improving between road authorities interstate. It is unlikely that you can slip through the cracks on something like this these days.

See also this article: http://www.batemansbaypost.com.au/story/106844/nsw-demerit-points-can-be-transferred/

The ACT was one of the last states to sign up to the DPX. I don't know if SA is on the DPX, but it is likely that it would be.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

There's no doubt that points accrue in SA for offences committed in NSW. What I'm not sure about is whether the points doubling that occurs in NSW during holidays and other times will flow through to SA licence holders.( SA doesn't have a double points scheme). The Batemans article suggests that they may not.

Offline Cuso

There's no doubt that points accrue in SA for offences committed in NSW. What I'm not sure about is whether the points doubling that occurs in NSW during holidays and other times will flow through to SA licence holders.( SA doesn't have a double points scheme). The Batemans article suggests that they may not.

Doesn't SA have the doubling of demerit points over long weekends and ENTIRE Xmas period?

Did you have a Mr Baker as a teacher at Keith?

my 2c on your trip, gets you off the shitty Tinti - Horsham stretch and up through Jeparit then across, all blacktop.
After Cooma you want to take the Brown Mountain pass (it is a bit better the the Clyde pass which is braidwood to batemans)

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Doesn't SA have the doubling of demerit points over long weekends and ENTIRE Xmas period?

SA has never had double demerits AFAIK