Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

From a lawyer on another forum...

If you are caught speeding etc interstate, of course you can be fined and demerit points may be applied although in many cases it appears that demerit points 'accrued' interstate somehow disappear and are never applied. It is worth noting that demerit points (if applicable) will be applied in line with the licencing state's demerit point schedule. If a QLD licence holder accrues what would ordinarily be 3 demerit points in NSW during a double demerit period (and would therefore constitute a 6 point penalty), only 3 demerit points would be applied in QLD (assuming a similar offence in QLD would attract 3 demerit points) due to QLD not having double demerit periods (disregarding multiple speeding offences).

That doesnt seem to apply in Vic so I'll be interested to hear what you find out tomorrow re SA.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

That doesnt seem to apply in Vic so I'll be interested to hear what you find out tomorrow re SA.

I'm not interested enough to get a better opinion.  I've never had a demerit point (single or double) when driving interstate and I don't intend to put it to the test.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

never having driven the roads just a random suggestion

http://goo.gl/maps/PsQmK
this is perfect but from Threadbo head to Bega area and up the coast,very similat to some routes I've posted above.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

at a car lunch today i was reminded how in this old girl on the flat mile after mile I held out a Aston Martin DB4,it must have impressed a few as its the second time in 4 days car guys have reminded me of a very spirited drive that was. The drive was from the Cabramurra general store down to Tintaldra or there about.
I was reminded today,one guy said to his partner..."watch this Rob don't like to be past" woosh it was on.

Offline Laminator

at a car lunch today i was reminded how in this old girl on the flat mile after mile I held out a Aston Martin DB4,it must have impressed a few as its the second time in 4 days car guys have reminded me of a very spirited drive that was. The drive was from the Cabramurra general store down to Tintaldra or there about.
I was reminded today,one guy said to his partner..."watch this Rob don't like to be past" woosh it was on.

Nice plate on the DB4!

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

Nice plate on the DB4!
very nice car,fitted from new with factory boot,air-cond.Normal motor running gear with 2x SU carbs.
I was watching 007 Thunderball on SAT night ,gee the DB5 was a pretty car,easy to see everyones favourite.
I had a DB6 mark2 better driving car although much heavier....but oh so ugly compared to the 4/5 cars.

Offline 916senna

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Remote controlled battery powered toy
actually dodgy it is the way it works in Vic. If you get a double demerits ticket in NSW, you will only get the applicable single points against your licence in Vic.
See www.trafficlaw.com.au, you need to dig but its there.

Offline 916senna

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Remote controlled battery powered toy
very nice car,fitted from new with factory boot,air-cond.Normal motor running gear with 2x SU carbs.
I was watching 007 Thunderball on SAT night ,gee the DB5 was a pretty car,easy to see everyones favourite.
I had a DB6 mark2 better driving car although much heavier....but oh so ugly compared to the 4/5 cars.
DB makes a re appearance in sky fall, the latest and IMHO the best bond of them all.
Just go into it remembering no animals were hurt in the filming of this movie, despite how it might appear, the real ones safe. :thumbsup:

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I'm supposed to be leaving tomorrow but it's a bit warm out there.... :faint:

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala