Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Anyway end of thread, this has gone down the usual path of thrust and parry BS. :doh:

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
I didnt say I had a marketing campaign.

Don't react so badly if you cant grasp the gist of a good idea.

So grow the fuck up yourself :thumbsup:

Righto. Clearly I can't grasp the good idea you're talking about.

Tell us more about the multi million dollar businesses you've run. Perhaps I have underestimated you.
C'mon, do it!

Offline dkabab

Anyway end of thread, this has gone down the usual path of all of my threads, when will I learn....

fixed

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Defeatist, shortsighted but if you feel ok with that. :rolleyes:

I've been around motorsport for long enough to know VERY well I'm not shortsighted....

it's not a new game, it's ALL been done before and historically, it goes like this...

dreamer dreams a dream... dreamer (starts to) build dream, dreamer goes broke/corrupt/dies/gives half to current ex wife while building dream.....lawyer scum take their unworthy cut.....someone else comes along and scoops it all up.....  , shattered dream goes tits up..... scooper upperer trickles along with half baked facility doing things half baked and makes a living, but no more.

rinse and repeat.

Offline pku

Dodge, if you are so passionate maybe throw your ideas and money behind the Lucas Heights proposal. Its only low key at the moment and perhaps GIYF.

Ill post more when sober (cause we are all drunk remember)

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

Bob Jane sold tyres, doesnt mean he has a clue how to present a track to the petrol heads.

You're kidding, right? Here's one recent example:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/calder-calls-the-leadfooted-for-driving-lessons/story-e6frf7jo-1225868889368

Bob Jane's forgotten more about cars/motorsport/promoting motorsport and trackdays than you'll ever know. :)

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Right. Clearly I can't grasp the good idea you're talking about.
Tell us more about the multi million dollar businesses you've run. Perhaps I have underestimated you.

I created www.commercialrealestate.com.au the first commercial real estate portal in Australia, acquired by Fairfax'

That took imagination and a leap of faith that commercial agents Australia wide saw as a bold move but in fact I was sure of it's success from day one.

So I see the best opportunities are those that  those others don't see.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
<snip>
Bob Jane's forgotten more about cars/motorsport/promoting motorsport and trackdays than you'll ever know. :)

Side story ... possibly 10 years back I went to a trackday where Bob Jane was there to punt the rich folks around in their own cars. He jumped in the C4 I had at the time and managed to keep it right on the edge the entire way around the track (post asking courtesly if I'd like a gentle or more ballsy run). Being a pax to that level of car control was a truly wonderful event.

The guy's skills were amazing even though he wasn't a spring chicken, and had been going through quite a few challenges at the time. He was polite, didn't abuse the machinery and was happy to answer all our stupid questions.  :thumbsup:
C'mon, do it!

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

I created www.commercialrealestate.com.au the first commercial real estate portal in Australia, acquired by Fairfax'

That took imagination and a leap of faith that commercial agents Australia wide saw as a bold move but in fact I was sure of it's success from day one.

Stick with what you know. 

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

with a lot of respect and equal amounts of ignorance, surely that didn't require huge capital input, like a track would?

and surely also, you timed your run just right with regard to technology/market... you created something newish, not just another one of something there are already many of (race tracks)