Offline Zapher007

Actually yeah when i think about it, it was a bit unorganised prior to the day. I am not from Melbourne so organised a place to stay through this company and it was a bit dodgy. 1st they said it was at Crown Towers then Como then weren't sure and then ended up being Como. I just wanted to stay where they started from so I could wake up and just be there. They did orgainise "mates rates" though so was great to stay somewhere nice for cheap.

The best thing about the day though was that it was so relaxed! It wasn't a bunch of arseholes making you drive at 9km/h together and telling you what to do and when. It was actually a young boys birthday the day I did it and waiting for lunch the organiser guy took him for a strap in the Lambo for about 25 mins. I can't even imagine what stupid speeds they got up to but looking at the kids face when he got back i'd say it was very fast!!

I'd do it again and again if I could afford it. That tells you that it was well worth it.

If your husband is a Top Gear fan he will LOVE this day then.

Offline Livinia

Thanx Zapher007.  That sets my mind at ease.  We're looking forward to the day.  I'll post a comment and a pic after the day!!!

Offline TTz

• Mr White

i want to book a corp event...

Sent email via their web site on Monday...

[url=http://aussieexotics.com/forum/lamborghini/mr-White-

Offline Livinia

Yeah, they don't seem to respond to email too quickly.  You're probably better off calling the 1300 number.  If you don't get any response from this within the next week, let me know, i have a mobile number, but try that first.
Cheers!
 :)

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Offline Zapher007

I would recomend it to anyone. You think about it. They hire out 5 cars in the day to 8 people at $900 each = $7200. They don't get a full drive day every day plus they have more than 5 cars so they have additional costs there. Plus service costs on a Lambo etc couldn't be cheap. And depreciation. Plus insurance. PLUS PLUS.

My dad has earthmoving equipment and keeping them wouldn't be as much as an exotic and he SURE would want more return than $7200 a day "every now and then" for a $3million outlay!!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Thanx Zapher007.  That sets my mind at ease.  We're looking forward to the day.  I'll post a comment and a pic after the day!!!

Any updates?

Offline Livinia

No. Not yet.  Now that the weather is warming up....!  I should get in contact with ASCP to try and book a date.  The last time I spoke with them, they said they had a back log in their bookings due to the inclement weather.  Hopefully the sunshine is helping that along!  :cool:

Offline Essendon

Livinia,

I hope you haven't paid any money with Australian Sports Car Promotions yet, I booked a Drive Day for $1500 for my Fiance and I in June which was cancelled at the last minute due to weather... it didn't even rain that day. After being promised a new date several times no dates where given to me, now 4 months down the track they have promised to refund me but after several weeks have still not done so... I have now explored other options as I have gotten nothing except stalling and empty promises when dealing with them directly. I sincerely hope the same has not or does not happen to you and I hope this information is valuable.

Offline Livinia

Hello....
does anybody know if Australian Sports Car Promotions is still in business????  Are they just closed for the Christmas break????
I'm having a lot of trouble contacting anybody in this company!!!!  And their land line number on the contacts page is listed as disconnected!!!  And I'm getting no response from the mobile number.
I have paid $1500 for a gift voucher for my husband to do a Drive Day and am trying to book a date in with no luck so far.
Rocco, if you are reading this.....ring me!!!!!!
 :confused: :scared: