Offline Quinny

I was trying to get hold of them too - phone number on their site is disconnected and no answer on the mobile... Sounds a bit suss. I hope that they are just closed for the Xmas break because I am really keen on doing one of the drive days. If anyone has more info, please share.

Offline Livinia

Since my post yesterday, Rocco has emailed me saying that he would call me next week.
I will wait to see if that happens.

My advise is don't pre-pay for a gift voucher.  Book the date and pay for it on the day.

We are booked in for the 29th January (I hope).  I will let you know how the day goes.  From all other accounts posted on this forum says that it is a fantastic day and well worth it.  We are very much looking forward to going on this drive day and hope to post a positive report following.

Will keep you posted....... :?

Offline Quinny

Well that is encouraging, here's hoping everything works out.

Offline Essendon

Hi Livinia,

I thought you might be interested to know that as of the 23rd of January 2009 Australian Sports Car Promotions has been given a "Winding up order" which can be found publicly by doing a free search of their company on the Australian Securities & Investments Commision (ASIC) website. I am waiting to see what action is taken by the company in response to this before I pursue legal action myself.

Once again I hope it all works out for you and you have not had your money stolen by this company like myself.

Offline Blackburn

Thanks for the info Essenden,
I too have been trying to get a drive day gift certificate redeemed from this company since the beginning of January (Christmas present from my partner) and have had promise after promise that they are 'gunna' do this and 'gunna' do that.
After reading the post that they had a winding up order on them, I went onto the ASIC website to check and have lodged a complaint about Australian Sports Car Promotions.
Of course, I rang the elusive Rocco to see if he had anything to say but as usual got his voicemail.
Does anyone know what else I can do to get my money back or, god forbid, actually get the service that I paid for?

Offline Iggy_Type_R

Guys,

I am really sorry to hear you've had such a shitty experience... :(

Look, this is not going to get your money back, but if you want a drive day from Melbourne sports car rentals PM me and I'll get you as big of a discount as I can. I know the guys who run that business and have known them for a while and will vouch for them.

As for ASCP, I'm afraid that as a minor creditor your chances of getting your cash are small. Sorry to say... :(

(and trust me... you are a MINOR credit ... if you know what I mean)

Offline Blackburn

Hi all,
Just a quick update.
I had a call from Rocco at ASCP today and he says that the company on the ASIC website with the winding up order is not them and that they are operating normally (whatever that is?!?!?)  :doh:
I got the usual 'someone will email you details today' story so will see what happens
Anyone else heard anything?

Offline Essendon

Hi Blackburn,

The company been given the winding up order is definately Australian Sports Car Promotions and for $16 you can access the full report via a link on the ASIC website called ESPRION. The principle place of business is listed as 8 DALEY STREET SOUTH YARRA VIC 3141... so unless Rocco is involved with a different company at the exact same address with the same company name... it's them. Also one of the comany directors is listed as Adrian Calabrese and Rocco's last name is Calabrese ( I have an envelope posted from him with his last name on it) so this guy is clearly comfortable lying to you and me and anyone else that he is happy to rip off. I hope you get to do your drive day as you will never see your money again.... hope all this info helps. As I said I'm waiting to see what happens with the winding up order before I take further action, I know I'm a minor creditor but I will continue pursuing this, not because I care about the $1500 but because I was taken advantage of and ripped off knowingly by Rocco the company he is affiliated with and I will take it as far as I can.

As I said though, I really do hope you and livinia end up getting to do your drive day :)

Cheers

Offline Blackburn

Thanks Essendon
Unsurprisingly, the promised emails from Rocco and co never eventuated.
The thing that still amazes me is that he/they continue to deny that anything is wrong.
I will keep the forum updated as to how things go but am getting less and less confident that either drive day or money will ever be seen

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
The thing that still amazes me is that he/they continue to deny that anything is wrong.

Having heard these sort of stories before, it's quite possible he's not telling a lie.  Maybe he's just not telling the whole truth.

Maybe there's multiple legal entities, with assets spread around (or constantly on the move!).