Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Anyone heard of this mob?  Been around long?  First I've seen of them I think.

http://www.ausportscar.com.au

Most of the gallery pics are of Ferraris Lambos Astons etc - but the pricelist only has yuppie executive cars.

Australian Sports Car Promotions Present: Unleash the ponies, The super car drive day.

For the first time in Australia ASCP are offering participants the opportunity to drive the ultimate sports cars. The day includes 5 hand-picked ponies from the following ASCP Stable:

–Lamborghini Gallardo
–Porsche 997 Turbo Cab
–Porsche 997 GT3
–Ferrari 360
–Ferrari 430
–Mercedes SL65 AMG
–Jaguar XKRR
–Bentley GT Continental
–Aston Martin Vantage
–Maserati Gran Sport
–Audi R8

Pilot over 3 million dollars worth of vehicles in one exhilarating day.

Offline Zapher007

Yeah I have and it was the best day of my life. The guys that ran the day were some of the most layed back guys in the world!! ha ha. I still to this day can't work out how they can charge such a small fee for the day.

Highlight of the day....setting off 5 car alarms in Chapel Street in the Lambo :-)

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

I still to this day can't work out how they can charge such a small fee for the day.
you turn into a business and if it doesn't make money, who cares as you can right off the expense of owing an exotic

Offline Zapher007

That is true. But still why run at a loss??

Offline Zapher007

Offline JanG

• Will eat your baby
  • Photographer

• Drives: BMW M2/STI track car
  • www: JanGlovac.com
Yeah I have and it was the best day of my life. The guys that ran the day were some of the most layed back guys in the world!! ha ha. I still to this day can't work out how they can charge such a small fee for the day.

Highlight of the day....setting off 5 car alarms in Chapel Street in the Lambo :-)

So it was $900? Which 4 cars did you get to drive in addition to the Gallardo?

Whats the deal with insurance excess?

Offline Zapher007

The day I did it we had an Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Turbo, Ferrari F430, Lambo and a SHITTY XJR Jag (which was ok though becasue i'd never driven a convert before). I drive a SP23 Mazda (yes gaymobile) and I swear it would give the Jag a run for its money! But it did spin the PZero 20's VERY easily and made a spectacular sound.

They have a total new fleet of cars now. They have an R8, new Lambo and Mazerati. They were talking about getting an SL65. not sure if they have yet. I want to go and do it again at Xmas time.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

That is true. But still why run at a loss??
because maybe to break square, they need to charge say 2k, then you don't get the punters involved, then you don't have a business, then you don't have a tax break etc.

Offline Zapher007

Yeah that is true. Their headquarters seems overkill for the company though. Very swank office in Sth Yarra. Would love a job with them!!

Offline Livinia

HI!
I've just bought a voucher for a drive day for my husband's 40th birthday!!  Being a Top Gear fanatic, he is so excited!!
I have found so far the service/response to be on the lacking side.  I'm a bit worried.  Should I be???  :boggled: