Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Hoping this topic doesn't become too incendiary, but this morning was driving toward town on the freeway and saw an unmarked cop car in the mirror in disco mode - sure enough I was "creeping" ( :rolleyes: ) at like 110 in a 100 zone so figgered I'd just unslouch my clacker and get ready to be reamed.

But no, they just squirted straight past - not fast, just at like 130-140kph - and continued to weave in and out of traffic and sit on bumpers, not like they were in a mad rush, just quicker than everyone else. Anyhoo I did my tunnel thing and caught up to them a couple minutes later and they just sat there at the lights being traffic, lights changed and they just continued on their merry way.

No complaint, I'm not against the police having a bit of fun, but that's just taking the piss yeah?

Offline Joel

Hoping this topic doesn't become too incendiary, but this morning was driving toward town on the freeway and saw an unmarked cop car in the mirror in disco mode - sure enough I was "creeping" ( :rolleyes: ) at like 110 in a 100 zone so figgered I'd just unslouch my clacker and get ready to be reamed.

But no, they just squirted straight past - not fast, just at like 130-140kph - and continued to weave in and out of traffic and sit on bumpers, not like they were in a mad rush, just quicker than everyone else. Anyhoo I did my tunnel thing and caught up to them a couple minutes later and they just sat there at the lights being traffic, lights changed and they just continued on their merry way.

No complaint, I'm not against the police having a bit of fun, but that's just taking the piss yeah?

Sometimes they have multi response on a job so guys will put the lights on gun it and then someone closer will get there first and tell them not to bother. Happens a fair bit, especially when its a "Too Hard Basket" job they will practically slam the breaks on haha

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

The SA highway patrols are normally pretty sensible but the worst behaviour I've seen was on the Hume last Xmas when a cop car screamed past all the law abiding citizens to catch some poor schmuck who was presumably a fraction over the limit.  The cop was way more dangerous than his target.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Sometimes they have multi response on a job so guys will put the lights on gun it and then someone closer will get there first and tell them not to bother. Happens a fair bit, especially when its a "Too Hard Basket" job they will practically slam the breaks on haha

This was a three lane fairly clear freeway and they were only going 20-30kph faster than me - clearly not an emergency, else maybe those Commode-doors really do handle exceptionally poorly. :scratchchin: :p

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Had a boy in blue who didn't slow down much going through a Give Way sign on Sunday. I had to take evasive action to avoid being run over on my bike. He did stop before he would have flattened me. Closest I have come to being road kill and it was a cop doing the killing.

Dave when a Sony race cams becoming available?

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Hmmmm, got pulled over last week. I drive hundreds if not thousands of K’s a week and have done for years.

Last speeding fine was a few years ago when the Esprit was photographed by the revenue machines on the Western Ring road, before that it would have been at least a dozen years ago since the last one.

Anyhoo, I was in the work taxi, on a remote highway up north, cruise set on 100. I passed a car with a little squirt of go juice, up over a rise and around a corner.  As I was going thru the corner I hit the resume button to on the cruise to drop back to 100. Coming around the corner the other way was Mr Highway Patrol in a loud Yellow Patrol car. He flashed the lights at me(head lights), which has happened before and it is just them saying back it off a little. Didn’t think much of it, car was back in cruise mode so kept going. A few moments later he was barrelling up behind me with all the bells and whistles going!!!

“Son, I have you clocked at 109kph, so I am going to issue you with an Infringement. License please and just stay put”

WTF???  Is there no leeway at all anymore??? Or is this a case of just being really unlucky?!?!?!? 

Offline carmooch

• Name: George
Most hilarious thing I've seen cops doing are 'laps' of a particular stretch of road with their lights on.

I gave way to a cop car which did a U-turn at a traffic light and managed to keep them in my sights about 2 km down the road where another cop car with lights on passed me in the opposite direction. Next thing I know, the first cop car has done another U-turn and is heading back in the opposite direction, meanwhile I've had to move over because the second cop car is now coming up through traffic behind me.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

mondi, it's outrageous.

Last week in 3,500km on UK highways I saw one police car (in a village, not on patrol). And all speed cameras have dayglow paint. Needless to say, the driving standard there is way better than here despite the lack of enforcement.

Offline dkabab

Dave when a Sony race cams becoming available?

Now I think. One of the guys here has one. Looks pretty good too. Works well wirelessly with iPad/iPhone.
It's tiny too, very light, probably wouldn't notice wearing it either.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Now I think. One of the guys here has one. Looks pretty good too. Works well wirelessly with iPad/iPhone.
It's tiny too, very light, probably wouldn't notice wearing it either.

So you wouldn't feel it strapped to your privates then.......      :scratchchin: