Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I also get surprised at the amount of times that i'm on the bike at the lights, the cars next to me want to get ahead of me when they turn green. 

Defensive bike riding 101 - get ahead of traffic as much as possible

and then they tuck in behind you and stay up your clacker  :doh:

If anything I feel more of a kinship on the road with sportbikers. I drive with/by them and know that only they know/exceed the hyper-aware-reality we live in behind the wheel/grips.

Great story about GOR and beyond, but yeah not for keyboards.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Great story about GOR and beyond, but yeah not for keyboards.

a story for carbon -  or dont you trust carbon  :p

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
it works well on the lexus RX350 -  not sure if it'll have the desired effect in the lotus

Yeah, I think the boys from BH on the way back were complaining that my high-beams were blinding them - but MILES in front of me and UNDER other traffic. :p

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
Guess how many people have been fined for this???? NONE!!!!
I have. Supposedly, after they had reports of a Bentley travelling at over 200kph, since they couldn't prove it, they fined me for being in the right lane, even though there was no other traffic around me at all. NSW cops are just manginas.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline adam01

I'll be down your way for the next week. One of my babies is down there for "recall work" (Lamborghini term for "reducing the risk of your car from becoming a BBQ") so decided to make a little Holliday out of it.

Zags?........,dodge has a a VIP pass there :)

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Close. It's actually a restraining order.

I miss that place, they said bring your car in for a wash doesn't matter what it is, but I wouldn't dare :o

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
I have. Supposedly, after they had reports of a Bentley travelling at over 200kph, since they couldn't prove it, they fined me for being in the right lane, even though there was no other traffic around me at all. NSW cops are just manginas.

But as if you'd be only doing "over 200kph" on an interstate motorway with no one around to witness it. Lol.
How dare you work hard and buy a Bentley? You clearly must be a drug dealer who deserves some sort of fine for driving through their jurisdiction.
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Zags?........,dodge has a a VIP pass there :)

Is this a fudge packer club or something?
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline app

I could be wrong, but I reckon the bigger cause of accidents in the country is fatigue, not speed, due to the relatively low speeds.

When they were building the Northern Expressway (I think), a long distance of Port Wakefield Rd at the time, usually 110 km/h, was 25 km/h. When I was driving to Yorkes, I kid not I actually nodded off, despite only being on the road for 40 minutes and having a decent night sleep before. Really scared the crap out of me, I had to open the window, eat something, anything to keep me awake.

I'd be interested in seeing what the statistics of deaths caused by fatigue vs those caused by speeding. I bet we wouldn't be surprised.

I suspect governments/bureaucrats know the truth, but don't want to be seen promoting speed-saves-lives, and would rather take the do-stuff-all and get easy results approach.

The media has a lot to answer for as well. I believe last year, we had a significantly higher number of deaths caused by elderly people than young people, which you'll see hidden away in the little read sections of the paper. Yet our lovely one and only newspaper The Advertiser is only too eager to make a feature of some idiot p plater getting his car impounded.

Edit: In contrast to my experience on the Northern Expressway, when I drive at higher speeds, but at the speed limit, I find my concentration level increases and therefore my alertness to what's going on around me.