Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Stats can be misleading. P platers are over-represented in crashes on a population basis but they might also do more driving than older people.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

the speeding kills cry is just over glorified statistics.  Even 5km/hr over the limit is categorised as a speed related incident.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Stats can be misleading.

Are you sure about that?

What if Bill Gates walks into a bar and says that people in that bar are on average a multi-millionairre...?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

I could be wrong, but I reckon the bigger cause of accidents in the country is fatigue, not speed, due to the relatively low speeds.

Seems like beating dead whores to us folk, but that's mostly what it is.

Not even fatigue - but misadventure of the mind is mostly to blame, simply because people have no reason to concentrate on what they're doing.

Put a 22yo girl on a freeway with cars doing 150-200kph around her, I can guarantee she won't be driving and updating Facepalmbook about how shitty her life is because she hasn't met Ash yet.

Offline app

Stats can be misleading. P platers are over-represented in crashes on a population basis but they might also do more driving than older people.

True. But I would also expect a lot more people between 17-25 on the road than say people over 70 (who also account for a lot of deaths in absolute terms).

Offline 98octane

Offline app

Seems like beating dead whores to us folk, but that's mostly what it is.

It goes without saying, and the authorities acknowledge it. But I don't think I've seen numbers reporting death by fatigue, therefore it's harder to compare speed vs fatigue.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

It goes without saying, and the authorities acknowledge it. But I don't think I've seen numbers reporting death by fatigue, therefore it's harder to compare speed vs fatigue.

Vehicle death is always a subject of speed and sudden deceleration/acceleration (on one or many planes) unless the deceased managed to become not alive before impact.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Count me in too - and maybe fivesix. Somewhere in Kew or Hawthorn?

Fine... name it
I'll be there.

Offline app

Vehicle death is always a subject of speed and sudden deceleration/acceleration (on one or many planes) unless the deceased managed to become not alive before impact.

Exactly, so governments/bureaucrats pick the easy approach. Read last years statistics, speed, age etc. Boom. Reduce speed limits and increase restrictions on p-platers.

No consideration of the "real" situation.