Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Try moving to Melbourne :rolleyes:

I'll be down your way for the next week. One of my babies is down there for "recall work" (Lamborghini term for "reducing the risk of your car from becoming a BBQ") so decided to make a little Holliday out of it.
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
They aren't stupid, they are normal and it is you who is above average. Im surprised this wasn't in your welcome pack from Mensa.

True.

I'll stop calling people dumber than me stupid.

From now on I'll call people like you "normal". :p

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I'll be down your way for the next week. One of my babies is down there for "recall work" (Lamborghini term for "reducing the risk of your car from becoming a BBQ") so decided to make a little Holliday out of it.

Coffee if you're bored.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

I can SEE the mentality of the person in front of me, they're like "dude I CAN do the speed limit!!! See!!!!", I'm just thinking "yeah, you can do it on a long straight, I can do it in the bends. Move over already."

i think it's more of a case of " I don't want you to overtake me so I'll speed up to block you"

These days I've gotten in the habit of flashing my high beams at people driving slowly in the right lane, more often than not -  they move out of the way.

Offline Steve.

• Drives: AMG.
  • Name: Steve
i think it's more of a case of " I don't want you to overtake me so I'll speed up to block you"

These days I've gotten in the habit of flashing my high beams at people driving slowly in the right lane, more often than not -  they move out of the way.

I tried that once and the little old lady who was obstructing traffic gave me the finger after she had moved over.  :boggled:

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

I tried that once and the little old lady who was obstructing traffic gave me the finger after she had moved over.  :boggled:

then blow them a kiss -  that gets them fired up   :D :D

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

I drive a lot of the same roads frequently - I mostly try and have fun without attracting attention, and when folks do go out of their way to let me past I give them plenty of hand-wavey kudos.

Sometimes though I just expect the cops to rock up at my door and my only defense against a "dangerous driving" allegation will be "but officer he was doing 65 in a 100 zone - even a seagull would look fast to him". (of course depending on how long they made me sit behind them determines which gear I overtake in - NNEEEOOWN)

So yeah, haven't tried the high-beam thing, though as those on the Broke n Ill trip know this car is king of the lights. :D Might be worth a shot if it gets people out of the way....

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

I also get surprised at the amount of times that i'm on the bike at the lights, the cars next to me want to get ahead of me when they turn green. 

Defensive bike riding 101 - get ahead of traffic as much as possible

and then they tuck in behind you and stay up your clacker  :doh:

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

So yeah, haven't tried the high-beam thing, though as those on the Broke n Ill trip know this car is king of the lights. :D Might be worth a shot if it gets people out of the way....

it works well on the lexus RX350 -  not sure if it'll have the desired effect in the lotus