Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I'll be reunited with my 918 Spyder on Tuesday after several months. Can't wait.  :burnout:
I'd like to explore temporary importing options to see it if it is possible to bring the car here temporarily next Australian summer for a few months.  I thought I could use the carnet system. Does anyone know any experts in this field? The RAC who used to operate the carnet system for UK owners no longer do it and they aren't too clear who does.

http://www.rac.co.uk/travel/driving-abroad/carnet-de-passage/carnet-de-passage-en-douanes

Offline NBTBRV8

There are temporary import approvals.  Do you just want to pay somebody and not get involved, or are you will to do some of the leg work yourself?

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

There are temporary import approvals.  Do you just want to pay somebody and not get involved, or are you will to do some of the leg work yourself?

I'm happy to do some of the leg work but I'd be happier if someone handled it all.

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
I'll be reunited with my 918 Spyder on Tuesday after several months. Can't wait.  :burnout:
I'd like to explore temporary importing options to see it if it is possible to bring the car here temporarily next Australian summer for a few months.  I thought I could use the carnet system. Does anyone know any experts in this field? The RAC who used to operate the carnet system for UK owners no longer do it and they aren't too clear who does.

http://www.rac.co.uk/travel/driving-abroad/carnet-de-passage/carnet-de-passage-en-douanes

We should ask James at DK Engineering on Wednesday when we see him.
May the Horse be with you....

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I contacted the UK customs people last night. They said auto clubs in other EU countries can now issue carnets for UK registered cars. ADAC in Germany is the popular choice. I don't have the patience for chasing it all down but I'll get someone from work to help me unless someone here gives me a better idea.

Offline NBTBRV8

I contacted the UK customs people last night. They said auto clubs in other EU countries can now issue carnets for UK registered cars. ADAC in Germany is the popular choice. I don't have the patience for chasing it all down but I'll get someone from work to help me unless someone here gives me a better idea.

I don't mind doing this sort of stuff and have experience importing cars, but I have no experience with Carnet.  So if you get no other more experienced offers, give me a shout.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I don't mind doing this sort of stuff and have experience importing cars, but I have no experience with Carnet.  So if you get no other more experienced offers, give me a shout.

Thanks - I might just call on your services. :)

Offline Condor Man

• Plastic Surgeon

Fark! Now you got me thinking about bringing the F12 in!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Fark! Now you got me thinking about bringing the F12 in!

It needs a person with a focused mind to wade through the red tape. That's not me. Once the carnets are issued, we get a car freight expert to fly them in. What's the name of that woman in Melbourne who is the go-to gal for shipping race cars?

https://infrastructure.gov.au/vehicles/imports/import_options/carnet.aspx

Offline Condor Man

• Plastic Surgeon

It needs a person with a focused mind to wade through the red tape. That's not me. Once the carnets are issued, we get a car freight expert to fly them in. What's the name of that woman in Melbourne who is the go-to gal for shipping race cars?

https://infrastructure.gov.au/vehicles/imports/import_options/carnet.aspx

I will look her up.

I know she works for JAS Forwarding.