Offline stacey82

Hi all ( first post, welcome to me!  :) )

I have a question on demerit points. I read here http://www.demeritpoints.com.au/ that I can lose 4 points for doing over 25 and under 35 kms.

My question is - is there a difference between if I'm in a 60 or an 80 zone. ie if I am driving at 90 in a 60 zone or 110 in an 80 zone - is it still 4 points - because I was going 30 kms over the limit?

For the record I was in an 80 zone, I thought it was a 100 zone and yes, I know I was in the wrong.  :doh:

Offline dkabab

Offline fastoy

• Drives: SLK 55 AMG Mercedes-Benz
I think the accident rate will gradually rise, as stable skilled drivers who occasionally get caught by cameras etc, lose their licences through accumulated points, leaving the field open to idiots who can't drive.

There has to be a message in the stats that show speed-camera-mad Victoria was the only state to record a deaths increase (11) in the first six months of 2010.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Driver training is shit, lets face it.

It's not speed it's skill thats missing.

They also should totally ban mobile use from cars somehow, this is not policed properly , I use my phone in the car sometimes but some of the women I see with phones in their ears would have no hope of avoiding any emergency situation, it's just scary to see them weaving across the road while describing their latest hot date to their girlfriend.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

For the record I was in an 80 zone, I thought it was a 100 zone and yes, I know I was in the wrong.  :doh:

First rule - never admit that you were in the wrong!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you are going to fight this, 4 points is a lot. I am having a big fight over just 1 at the moment.

Was it Speed camera or personal service????

Offline stacey82

Thank you for the replies (and the link dodger).

Not a speed camera - car at the bottom of a steep (long) hill.

I thought I was in a 100 zone and going a bit over but I am a careful driver. What am I meant to do down a hill - ride the brake and stare at the speedo the whole way down the hill - I'd drive off the road.

But I was in an 80 zone. Like that mondi - never admit I was in the wrong.  ;)

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
saw two people being actively booked for speeding today within 20 mins of eachother..... beware people, they are out creating revenue for all these stupid political campaign agendas and fake promises...
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

New topic coming up - stay tuned.

Offline fastoy

• Drives: SLK 55 AMG Mercedes-Benz
Last December the whole of the Newell Highway from Vic border to Queensland border, more than 1000kms, was dropped from 110 to 100, against much opposition.  The road carries very heavy B Double truck traffic, and the new limit has caused much bunching with trucks overtaking slow cars, its lethal. There has already been one major accident with three dead.

Within the last hour a fatality has occurred on the Newell near Dubbo, head on car and truck. It was in a 90 zone.......