Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
I was looking at one of those top ten lists and one was,  "places to visit that you may not know of."

Ive never seen a photo of this road in China before but it made the list and looks very interesting. In guessing the traffic volumes would be a lot lower than the Stelvio pass, but who knows. Anyone doing a drive in China any time soon? It looks pretty interesting.

Tianzi Mountains, China

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Lotii and Caterham size stuff might be fun. Anything over 1.8m wide would be a chore

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
I was looking at one of those top ten lists and one was,  "places to visit that you may not know of."

Ive never seen a photo of this road in China before but it made the list and looks very interesting. In guessing the traffic volumes would be a lot lower than the Stelvio pass, but who knows. Anyone doing a drive in China any time soon? It looks pretty interesting.

Tianzi Mountains, China

Where's the closest petrol station?

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
Lotii and Caterham size stuff might be fun. Anything over 1.8m wide would be a chore

but lets be honest. Thats the most fun sort of driving :D small nimble switchback style driving :D

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
but lets be honest. Thats the most fun sort of driving :D small nimble switchback style driving :D

Actually looking at those roads I'd be inclined to get a FWD hatchback and just leave the handbrake on. :cool:

Offline 98octane

You'd need to put a lot of trust in the local drivers to drive on the correct side etc. I wouldn't risk it, given no Armco barrier and very steep cliffs.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Its wider than it looks in the pic, tour buses travel on it and they can easily pass each other. The area has some of the most amazing scenery in the world, its like the scenery in the movie Avatar.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=tianzi+mountains+china&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=2LuaUtewMsXVkwXGwICwCQ&sqi=2&ved=0CCkQsAQ&biw=1600&bih=994