Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Hey how come no one has organized a drive day up to now?

Um, that was the original reason we set up this website - there have been gazillions - checks the Events board and the link in the sig on my profile.

Offline a.taylor

Hi Taylor,

got a few photos of the m3? so you changed the car as soon as you off the P? :) Congrats mate!!!

richie

Thanks mate. Wasn't quite straight off the P's but not too long between. The previous car was a Mazda 323 so it was quite a step up.

A few photos in the topic i just posted. https://aussieexotics.com/forum/bmw-m-power/2003-e46-m3-8157.0.html

Edit: So i checked what i am actually paying for insurance and its. ~$2500 dont know why i was thinking almost $5k.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Aami is the only one that works for me. Hey how come no one has organized a drive day up to now? Should we, dare I ask, what nationality is kujotk? Is that your numberplate?

Nationalities are over rated. First and foremost i'm Australian as I was born here and my parents were born here. But my cultural heritage is Mediterranean. If you are active enough on the forums you would have worked it out by now lol.

To OP I picked up the new car today, i'll be attempting insurance tomorrow, i'll PM you when I get the deal finalised and i'll let you know how I did it. 99% sure that AAMI will be the only ones to cover us though, next year when I hit that bloody 25 age bracket i'll head over to Shannons.

Also Photos will be up as soon as my net speeds up in 3 days
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline 360racer

• Drives: Yellow 360 spider
So true, just an unusual username, thought maybe Asian lol but must be Greek. Shannons doesn't work, first thing they ask is you have to insure a normal car for one year

Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

• Drives: my wife crazy
So true, just an unusual username, thought maybe Asian lol but must be Greek. Shannons doesn't work, first thing they ask is you have to insure a normal car for one year

Shannons would want to see what you drove previously... if you were driving a yaris and straight away jump up to any exotic, they will refuse to insure you. I have been with Shannons for many years with different cars and progressively going up to a higher level each time, I've never had problem with them. But I am nearly 32 now thought and my first car with Shannons was back in 2003 - a fully modified nissan 350z

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

Shannons doesn't work, first thing they ask is you have to insure a normal car for one year

I don't think that is correct, they gave me a quote when I was looking for the 360 insurance and said IF I was 25 at the time (I was 23) the price would be X amount (I think they said $2kish), but since I was under 25 they have a rule not to insure at all even though I have never had any claims in my life. There was no mention of not being eligible for any other reason.

I'm sure being insured by AAMI with super cars for 2 years would suffice them anyway, they may be worried of people who just jump in to a supercar from a Kia, over insuring the supercar, and then writing it off on purpose to make profit. If they know I have owned the cars and been insured for 2 years then that should be fine if you are right about them being picky.
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

A few years ago I called Shanons for insurance, I had an Merc E500 and 2 Holden S packs.

The dickhead at Shannons asked me if I was a "motoring enthusiast", was I a member of a car club etc, this inane conversation went on for a few minutes and in the end he suggested I call another company, I did and I'll never go back there.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

A few years ago I called Shanons for insurance, I had an Merc E500 and 2 Holden S packs.

The dickhead at Shannons asked me if I was a "motoring enthusiast", was I a member of a car club etc, this inane conversation went on for a few minutes and in the end he suggested I call another company, I did and I'll never go back there.
lol dodger, don't you see the Shannons ads? "For motoring enthusiasts". $50 will get you into a car club, who cares which one it is lol.

But yes their customer service is up to shit, they should really explain these things better. If I ever have problems like that with Shannons, I don't care about the extra money spent every year in insurance, i'd rather do what you did in the end.
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

lol dodger, don't you see the Shannons ads? "For motoring enthusiasts". $50 will get you into a car club, who cares which one it is lol.

But yes their customer service is up to shit, they should really explain these things better. If I ever have problems like that with Shannons, I don't care about the extra money spent every year in insurance, i'd rather do what you did in the end.

Yeah I saw the ads but thats just ad bullshit I didnt for one minute think they were serious, I couldn't believe my ears when this guy insisted on me proving I was a car enthusiast, what a freeking joke.
I could have bullshitted my way through it, but what happens when you make a claim, do you get the same whack job logic ? ............ :doh:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

For $10k a month I'll issue him a shiny laminated AE Car Club - Special Member card, sorted.