Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Friday was more exciting than intended. Our plan to detour through the Grampians turned bad when we discovered a roadblock and had to backtrack, putting us behind schedule. Jono in the Aston said that he and David (Maserati) would certainly have missed the ferry except for the coincidence of taking the same freeway exit in pursuit of petrol as some of the others and bumping into the main group. There were only a handful of cars on the ferry behind the last of us - we beat the cut-off by just a few minutes. :o

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
There were only a handful of cars on the ferry behind the last of us - we beat the cut-off by just a few minutes. :o

I think there was only 1 bike behind us.......bloody sat navs :o :p

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

well, it can't have been mhh's 458, as his car won't allow neutral and no handbrake and driver exit to happen.....

I carried one in my truck recently.. it's a 2 man job to load as it needs to be driven in while an assistant watches/guides.

I actually researched this "issue" and got the dealer to show me the special tool needed to release the gears/brakes... on a brand new car in the showroom... the tool was already broken!

The 458 can be put into neutral and no park brake to allow the car to be moved with the engine off - it is called "Carwash" mode. Put running car in first, then neutral, switch off engine, turn key to position II within 3 second of turning off, and car can be pushed with engine off.

But, no, it wasn't me. :)

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

The 458 can be put into neutral and no park brake to allow the car to be moved with the engine off - it is called "Carwash" mode. Put running car in first, then neutral, switch off engine, turn key to position II within 3 second of turning off, and car can be pushed with engine off.

But, no, it wasn't me. :)

but if you try to get out the handbrake comes on...... it can only be pushed by someone outside, not the occupant getting out.????

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

but if you try to get out the handbrake comes on...... it can only be pushed by someone outside, not the occupant getting out.????

I haven't tried it. I'm quoting from the manual. Certainly if you do the above , the dash readout says Carwash mode. Perhaps it needs the Carwash track to bump it out of the brake position?

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

yeah, I found carwash mode by fiddling about, but I couldn't get it to roll freely. hence my research into the dealer.

There's two tools in your kit... a cable type thing for the brakes, and a telescopic socket thing for the gearbox/park.

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
What happens in Tassie, stays in Tassie :cool: :D

If the owner wants to tell, I will let him explain :o
yeah. It was one of the silly newbies!!! :-)
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

yeah. It was one of the silly newbies!!! :-)

As long as it just gave you a little scare and the car didn't end up in the drink.......

.....I have experienced that, but that's another story......    :o

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
As long as it just gave you a little scare and the car didn't end up in the drink.......

.....I have experienced that, but that's another story......    :o

I'm sure they made dark underwear for a reason!!!   :scratchchin::D

nuff said! :p
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline dkabab

im not going to say who it was.... but theres a car in this lineup thats sitting a little bit further back....