Offline CortinaD

I right foot brake. I figure I am make plenty of mistakes that cause me to lose time to worry about the time I lose switching between the brake and throttle.

Having said that, for my burnouts and at speed burnouts its left foot braking.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Either is fine, it's totally up to the individual.

The crux of the matter is NOT to try it out to see if you like it on public roads.

So UNLESS you have extensive practice time on private ground, don't do it on the road.

I once drove an old Aston Martin Ulster sports car, it had a central throttle pedal with brake to the right..... now THAT is just plain fucked! Even stirling moss thoght so back in his hey day and modified his Maserati etc to have "normal" pedals.

FWIW I do tend to left foot brake in 2 pedal cars, but on the road simply because it's comfortable to do so (I've done a lot of karting and have equal modulation skills with either foot), and on the track because it smoothes the weight transfer.

There is 100% certainty that there are lap time gains to be had from doing it, in theory, but if the driver doesn't get on with it, even for racing, you shouldn't force it on them.

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
FWIW I do tend to left foot brake in 2 pedal cars, but on the road simply because it's comfortable to do so (I've done a lot of karting and have equal modulation skills with either foot), and on the track because it smoothes the weight transfer.

I'm the same, i don't feel comfortable not using my left leg.
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

The crux of the matter is NOT to try it out to see if you like it on public roads.

Thats worth repeating :thumbsup: