Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Without exception, all 4 seater sports cars are hated by rear seat occupants when driven like sports cars.

Without exception, all drivers of sports cars hate driving like a limo for the benefit if the rear seat occupants.

Buy a two seater sports car, problem solved. :tilt:

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Without exception, all 4 seater sports cars are hated by rear seat occupants when driven like sports cars.

Without exception, all drivers of sports cars hate driving like a limo for the benefit if the rear seat occupants.

Buy a two seater sports car, problem solved. :tilt:

Or, drive your 4 seater alone for sporty use and, when carrying passengers, more slowly.  :doh:

Offline M500

To M500, the Datto 370Z slush is superb, in many ways better even than the clutchless stick version, and certainly better than any 360 f1 version.

Lets not forget clutchless stick... Porsche sportomatic was, well, different, and Ferrari did the Mondial valeo versions which are quite good, they even did an F40 valeo to order.....

Fair enough, I cant comment on the 370 Datto as I haven't driven one. However as you said before, the Japs copay and perfect other peoples ideas - imagine if there was an automated manual in the 370z (like the GTR box) - then the clutch-less system would rule again as it is the more modern technology.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
strange, i would prefer when a girl uses her hand on the stick.

but for fear of getting a ban, i wont post a picture LOL

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

strange, i would prefer when a girl uses her hand on the stick.

but for fear of getting a ban, i wont post a picture LOL

like this???

Offline adam01

Offline ACP

• Lives in a Metro Tangerine

• Drives: McLaren
Spirited driving through the countryside = manual or a very good PDK. Sometimes I want a nice slow downshift into the corner when you aren't sure of how tight it is. Couple of the autos/F1 go in instantly which takes a bit of getting used to.

Offline CortinaD

I think it's a result of a more mature and robust technology that people are going for it now as opposed to 10 years ago. For big powerful cars that are straight line machines only IMO there is nothing is better than a torque converter automatic but for everything else DSG is now the most efficient alternative. We have seen over the years things like lockup converters etc that have been put into automatics that are good for cruise but rubbish in any other gear and also weak and break if engaged under load. The SMG/DSG solved a lot of these problems, you get a physical connection which makes it more fuel efficient and more power because of less drivetrain loss.

I like the concept of DSG but I hate that they are so smooth. I get off on mechanical brutality and love how the SMG in my car wants to snap my neck on a gear change and love the throttle blipping and insane noises it makes when it pops & carries on the down changes - it almost seems like a gimmick until I go back to back in my car and a manual on a trackday.

Anyway if /when I buy another car it will be a DSG if offered unless its a mini or gt3 which will be manual even if they did offer a dsg.