Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Death to the NSW RTA!!!!

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/margin-for-error-on-speeding-reduced-to-zero-20110324-1c8kp.html

Just came across this article. This is F*CKED!!!!

The speedo's in Lambos are really rough guides on your actual speed if anything, let alone the speedo dial only has about 210-220 degrees of movement in which it crams in 340km/hr worth of spedo lines and the thickness of the spedo needle is about 4km it self.

What a poofter world we live in with bureacrats that probably don't even have a drivers license making decisions about things they don't know about.

Stuff like this gets me started!!!

Margin for error on speeding reduced to zero

by Alexandra Smith

MOTORISTS have always been kept in the dark about the leeway given to drivers caught speeding, but a leaked cabinet document reveals the secret 3km/h tolerance that has been given to speeding drivers will be axed.

It could mean thousands of motorists are fined for travelling just a couple of kilometres per hour over the speed limit.

The tolerance level is a margin given to motorists who exceed the speed limit as ''a benefit of the doubt'', but the Roads and Traffic Authority has always refused to reveal the leeway, citing ''road safety issues''.

A leaked report from the budget committee of cabinet, dated December 9 last year, says the 3km/h tolerance will be removed. It says it will axe the ''internal and undisclosed tolerance as applied by the State Debt Recovery Office to digitally captured infringements as notified by the RTA''.

One senior Sydney policeman said the revised margin of error was so small that a new set of tyres or the width of a speedometer needle could land motorists on the wrong side of the law.

A spokeswoman for the RTA refused to confirm the tolerance and said it was a matter for the State Debt Recovery Office. A spokesman for the Treasurer said the office enforced policies set by the RTA and the transport department.

While NSW has always fiercely guarded its tolerance, the Victorian government revealed in 2007 that its tolerance level was 2km/h for fixed speed cameras and 3km/h for mobile speed cameras, plus a discretionary tolerance.

Australian design rules used to allow for a 10 per cent tolerance either way on car speedometers, but now the rules only allow for the tolerance above the actual travel speed.

The cabinet report, obtained by the Herald, also reveals that the committee endorsed the ''accelerated roll-out of digital safety cameras by the Roads and Traffic Authority to be complete by June 2011''.

The RTA is replacing red light cameras with safety cameras, which can detect motorists who run red lights as well as those who speed, regardless of the colour of the light, at 200 sites across the state.

About 100 of the cameras have already been installed, all of them in Sydney.
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Now now, they need more of your money to piss up against the wall like employing more pencil pushing ingrates like those that thought this one up, don't complain or they'll also put the fines up........ which they will anyway and if this doesn't empty your pocket they'll think of something else, it's amazing what you can achieve on a 9 day fortnight :irked:

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

I rolled up to the local council chambers last week in the Gallardo to do my pre-election voting. Dressed in shorts and a t-shirt.
Council pen pushing knobs were having a smoke looking at the car, a random young guy comes out and says "nice car" to the council guys in suits. One of them says "thanks buddy, best thing I have ever done in my life".
I then pull out my keys and say "these guys can't organise a root in a brothel, how are they going to afford a Lambo?"

As I drove off I gave them a smile and a wave. Now that was the best thing I have ever done :)

Maybe that is why the RTA did this? Because I pissed off some council guys and they knew RTA guys???? lol

Spoke to the young guy and his girlfriend for a while in the car park, then ended up giving them both a run around the block in it. No point owning something if you don't share the experience.
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Now ya done it, don't park the Lambo near or in any Council car parks or......

Offline fastoy

• Drives: SLK 55 AMG Mercedes-Benz
Right on.

Fortunately it won't now be happening. I say fortunately because I had visions of everyone driving around glued to their speedos and crashing in to one another dodgem style.

What is really worrying is that there are people in high places who actually think like this. Its scary stuff.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

Now ya done it, don't park the Lambo near or in any Council car parks or......

lol
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline Paulstar

Maybe that is why the RTA did this? Because I pissed off some council guys and they knew RTA guys???? lol

If you did this you could personally expect a mail calling you to show up for EPA testing  :p

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

If you did this you could personally expect a mail calling you to show up for EPA testing  :p

Paul you have too much faith in the bureacracy system, by the time they get off their ass the car is sold and i'm onto something else. Been there done that many times in other cars with defect/epa notices.  Heads up to anyone called to get epa tested, don't go to the Granville guy, he is super pedantic to the point that stock cars don't pass.  I'd also like to see them find a mailing address to serve me lol
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
http://www.theage.com.au/national/greater-leeway-for-speeding-drivers-20110330-1cgcy.html

Greater leeway for speeding drivers

by Alexandra Smith

IN ONE of his first acts as New South Wales Deputy Premier, Andrew Stoner has not only ordered the state's Roads and Traffic Authority to reinstate the leeway given to speeding motorists, but has asked for it to be increased.

Mr Stoner met the RTA chief executive, Michael Bushby, and directed him to axe a decision by the Labor government to remove the leeway, which would have allowed motorists to be fined for exceeding the speed limit by only 1km/h.

A Keneally government cabinet document leaked just days before the state election last weekend revealed the previously secret tolerance was 3km/h but the budget committee of cabinet had endorsed its complete removal.

Mr Stoner, who will be roads minister when the Coalition cabinet is sworn in this week or early next week, would not reveal the new tolerance, but he confirmed it had been increased.

The RTA had always kept the tolerance secret, although there has always been the assumption it was about 10 per cent of the speed limit to allow for faulty cameras or speedometers.

Police have warned that a new set of tyres or the width of a speedometer needle could put motorists over the speed limit under zero tolerance.

While NSW has always fiercely guarded its tolerance, the Victorian government revealed in 2007 that its level was 2km/h for fixed speed cameras and 3km/h for mobile speed cameras, plus a discretionary tolerance.

It is believed that Mr Stoner would have pushed for the tolerance to be at least 5 per cent, if not slightly higher.

The Deputy Premier said the Coalition government was eager to bring an end to needless revenue raising.

''The NSW Liberals and Nationals are determined to restore commonsense to government in NSW - this is one practical step towards that,'' Mr Stoner said.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

Just saw it now. Good Stuff!!!
Enjoying Life!!!!