Offline Neru

More relevant to the Victorians on the forum but anyone see the new speed cameras they've put on the Monash freeway.

The worst is the inbound where the speed limit shifts from 100 to 80, even though they said the 80 limit was just temporary

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
More relevant to the Victorians on the forum but anyone see the new speed cameras they've put on the Monash freeway.

The worst is the inbound where the speed limit shifts from 100 to 80, even though they said the 80 limit was just temporary

They'll make a bloody fortune there. Bloody hell.......I almost NEVER manage to get to 80 by when I should there....it just doesn't feel right, if you know what I mean.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline Neru

They'll make a bloody fortune there. Bloody hell.......I almost NEVER manage to get to 80 by when I should there....it just doesn't feel right, if you know what I mean.

Yeah I know what you mean no one does 80 there, guess I gotta start using cruise control

I wonder what there justification for cameras is, you rarely see any speed related accidents on the Monash

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Do you know the exact location, is it visible?  I don't know why they dropped the limit in that section.  I know it was originally dropped after Toorak Road due to some deal with Scotch College and land/noise negotiations.

Like PP I never slow down there, nor does anyone else.  I guess the government see's an opportunity to top up the budget, it is one of the busiest roads with traffic volume in Victoria, oops, sorry make the road safer!!!!

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
Do you know the exact location, is it visible?  I don't know why they dropped the limit in that section.  I know it was originally dropped after Toorak Road due to some deal with Scotch College and land/noise negotiations.

Like PP I never slow down there, nor does anyone else.  I guess the government see's an opportunity to top up the budget, it is one of the busiest roads with traffic volume in Victoria, oops, sorry make the road safer!!!!

See? It's so much easier to agree with me lol
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline Neru

Yeah its very obvious, it hangs over the road just before Burke street exit inbound and after Burke street exit outbound

Offline Neru

Offline DL599

• nee Melbourne Exotics

• Name: Damon
Bit of a joke, I'm a learner driver and I don't even slow down to 80 in time for those cameras. Just means its gonna cause everyone to slam their brakes on when they see the cameras which will surely create traffic and/or accidents.
if your car feels safe, your not going fast enough

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

• Name: Steve
Bit of a joke, I'm a learner driver and I don't even slow down to 80 in time for those cameras. Just means its gonna cause everyone to slam their brakes on when they see the cameras which will surely create traffic and/or accidents.

Hey man, you're a crazy guy keep up the good work. 

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Hang on, how far away from the Zone change are they???

There are rules about this, if they are too close to the change then they are in the wrong spot.

Maybe they are not working yet and are waiting for the temporary speed limit to go back to 100......