Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
This reminds me, my Grandfather is in his late 60's/early 70's with diabetes (diabetes destroys your eye sight especially in the later years of life),  I know he can not see well and his hearing is pretty shot from having a hard life immigrating to Aus in the 50's with not even a suit case and working his whole life without the gay OH&S rules we have today... long story short he was over the moon recently when he passed his latest eye test to renew his license for the next 5 years meaning he has a license and no need to get re-tested untill 2014 or 2015. A lot can happen in 5 years and i'm surprised he passed the eye test in his condition now let alone going the next 5 years before being checked.

Apparently he also paid for his original drivers license in the 50's without anyone even seeing if he knew how to start a car.. so this is why the 2 shopping centres closest to my area were number 1 and number 2 for the most accidents per year being reported as I live in the retirement hub of Sydney...

And yes I am surrounded by retirement villages (which means the roads are empty after 4pm lol
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
but without being one sided on the matter it makes sence that reactions/eye sight ect get worse as you get older, it's called life and we all age at different paces and we should have a sytem that understands some people are with it enough to keep driving into their 90's and some should give up in 70's...
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

but without being one sided on the matter it makes sence that reactions/eye sight ect get worse as you get older, it's called life and we all age at different paces and we should have a sytem that understands some people are with it enough to keep driving into their 90's and some should give up in 70's...

The brains trusts that implement the regulations concerning these matters barely have the brainpower to tie their own shoe laces.
Don't expect them to work out who's competent and who isn't at any age.

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
I don't think the eyesight was a problem yesterday for what happened in front of me!

I was leaving work and I pulled out of the car park behind a car and this leads you up to a T-intersection. The car in front started to head towards the right turn lane (which had a red light) the speared across in front of me into the left turn slip lane. I thought, ok they don't know where they are going so I'll hang back. So we get on to the next street, they are sitting 15km/hr under the limit, but I'm in no hurry as I know they don't know where they're going and the exit on to the highway onramp is coming. But I think the driver got a bit concerned that I wasn't overtaking her so she promptly put on her right indicator and changed into the next lane OVER A DOUBLE WHITE LINE IN TO THE SOUTHBOUND TRAFFICS LANE!!!!! I started flashing my lights at her as the exit was coming, the as I pulled into the exit lane on the left I wound the window down and started gesturing for them to move over back to the left lane, so the little old lady and her little old lady passenger both WAVE TO ME!!!! Just as they finish waving a 4wd comes around the corner in front of them and they jag back into the correct lane. Then I lost them as I went onto the highway. If they had been 100 metres down the road they would have met the 4wd halfway around the blind corner. It was so lucky!!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Most people only last as long as they do due to dumb luck.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Most people only last as long as they do due to dumb luck.

Ain't that the truth. :?