Offline MikeG

• The World's Finest Brands

• Drives: Audi S4 V8 Quattro
  • Name: Mike Glew
In the past this sign meant deregulated zone (ie no limit)

Funnily it mirrors the German Autobahn unlimited sign. (which means 130km/h, but in fact allows motorists to drive at any speed as long as they're not being dicks)

Mike
www.bestexhaust.com.au
1800 985 925

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Yeap that mean state limit applies. 100 km per hour PA!

I would have taken that as 110 in SA which means I could have got booked because they dont clearly say what it means on their website. To me the SA state max is 110 so I would take that sign as meaning unlimited.. 110kmh. They should be stating what is correct on their website next to a  pic of that sign.
http://mylicence.sa.gov.au/road-rules/the-drivers-handbook/speed-limits

Higher speed limits

Outside a built-up area, some roads may have a speed limit of 110 km/h shown by speed limit signs. You may travel up to this higher speed provided your driving licence permits you and it is safe to do so. Learner and provisional drivers, for example, must not travel at this higher speed.

Offline TomE

I would have taken that as 110 in SA which means I could have got booked because they dont clearly say what it means on their website. To me the SA state max is 110 so I would take that sign as meaning unlimited.. 110kmh. They should be stating what is correct on their website next to a  pic of that sign.
http://mylicence.sa.gov.au/road-rules/the-drivers-handbook/speed-limits

Higher speed limits

Outside a built-up area, some roads may have a speed limit of 110 km/h shown by speed limit signs. You may travel up to this higher speed provided your driving licence permits you and it is safe to do so. Learner and provisional drivers, for example, must not travel at this higher speed.

Changed 15 years ago. State default limit is 100 but can be 110 when it is signposted as such.
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline diabloinoz

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Diablo 6.0
Speed kills, everywhere except the NT

http://www.caradvice.com.au/460557/northern-territory-now-has-336km-of-unlimited-speed-road-and-its-government-wants-more/

Now we just need that progressive thinking liberal dude from SA to start pushing for the other side of the border to be opened up.