Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.

Offline 916senna

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Remote controlled battery powered toy

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Cant find the NT thread -

Porsche lets fly at NT Government's 'nanny state' approach to open speed limits
Luxury car brand Porsche has accused the Northern Territory Government of running a "nanny state" for removing controversial open speed limits on some stretches of road.

The NT, along parts of the Stuart Highway between Alice Springs and Tennant Creek, has been the only part of Australia where drivers can travel as fast as they want.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-08/porsche-accuses-nt-of-nanny-state-approach-to-speed-limits/7824424?section=business

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Don't you hate it when you are late and you are caught flying down the freeway in the company vehicle and get snapped by the speed camera doing 678 km/h.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Seriously, who the fuck wants to live in Victoria - 13kmh over the posted limit FFS !

This is the first speeding fine that I have got for years. This is a company registered vehicle, does anybody know if the points are allocated to the license nominated on the vehicles registration, or if no nomination form is filled out is the massively inflated fine all that happens? For a vehicle registered in an individuals name the corresponding fine would be $311 whereas they whack a company registered vehicle with $3109 :eek:

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
Seriously, who the fuck wants to live in Victoria - 13kmh over the posted limit FFS !

This is the first speeding fine that I have got for years. This is a company registered vehicle, does anybody know if the points are allocated to the license nominated on the vehicles registration, or if no nomination form is filled out is the massively inflated fine all that happens? For a vehicle registered in an individuals name the corresponding fine would be $311 whereas they whack a company registered vehicle with $3109 :eek:
The points go to the nominated driver. If no nominated driver, the company pays the fine for not nominating ($3,109) plus the speeding fine ($311). No points get allocated to anybody, obviously.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline OzCarSightings

• Will eat your baby
  • Photographer

• Drives: GenF HSV/Golf R32/motorbike
  • www: JanGlovac.com

What the fuck?!  :eek:

EDIT: if you nominate yourself as the driver though, you avoid the bigger fine and pay $311 instead?

Offline andecorp

What the fuck?!  :eek:
I know. I love in WA how the fine to the company for not nominating is only $400 which a lot of times for me is lower than the actual fine if I'd declare :D

Offline andecorp

EDIT: if you nominate yourself as the driver though, you avoid the bigger fine and pay $311 instead?
Correct.

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

I might have a solution for you that we can discuss tomorrow :D :D :D