Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Now thinking of starting a slow drivers club to maintain it

Anyone interested in that?

We should limit metropolitan speeds to 25kph anyway, no more fatal car crashes, and people will be so frustrated at driving for so long every day that they'll reorganise their life so that everything is more convenient.

Offline M500

There's no way around it. The points accrue and are allocated on the day of the offence one payment is made.
If at any stage you have more that 12 points, you lose your licence. Simple as that. You can delay the payment as long as you like but you will still lose it.

Unfortunately true in both respects.

I have tried both. I had my cheque returned to me with a polite letter saying that the cheque could not be accepted and further to that the due date, penalties, etc all still apply. Another time I purposely paid a fine late (and copped the late fine, etc) only to still get the licence disqualification letter in the post shortly after showing the actual dates of the offences.

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
im interested
since some people here seem to have experience at this

how do you go about getting insurance for your <insert high powered expensive car here> after losing your license?

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

im interested

how do you go about getting insurance for your <insert high powered expensive car here> after losing your license?

No problems here.......  :D   

Offline TEZZA

• Those Frenchies seek him everywhere

• Drives: No matter what it is I am still lusting after something better.

Ash...... the man who seems to believe that anything he can find on the internet is fact....ummmm.

Now back to the party.

A pal of mine from 20 years back who was a Barrister, used to verbally abuse the coppers if they pulled him over. He used to do all kinds of things to wind them up. Polite, but insulting. So a lot of them when they got angry made mistakes on the tickets, like spelling his name incorrectly, or a mistake in his Licence number etc. So he then used to write a letter of complaint to the head of the Traffic Branch saying that as the copper was so incompetent that he could not even write the ticket out, then everything else was open to question and "see you in court"as I am going to fight it. And in a lot of cases they ripped up the ticket....... but not all!

Another guy "Noel" was pulled over for crossing a double line. The copper did not know the street name and asked Noel what it was. Noel did know the name, but told the cop something else. He defended it in court, as the street he told the cop did not have any lines at all. We had a laugh when he won that one.

Ya gotta get lucky now and then.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Ash...... the man who seems to believe that anything he can find on the internet is fact....ummmm.

Lulz, have you read anything I've ever posted? :doh: :p

Offline blackr35

im interested

You apply. If they don't want to insure you they'll give an insanely high excess. Shop around.

Offline TEZZA

• Those Frenchies seek him everywhere

• Drives: No matter what it is I am still lusting after something better.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Offline CortinaD

Does any one else notice how slow people are driving lately? It seems to me everyone is doing 40 kmh on 60 roads and it is seriously peeving me off. Is it because everyone is scared of getting fines?