Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

'Drink-drive P-plater clocked at 160km/h'

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24868207-29277,00.html

A P-plater has had his licence suspended after being caught drink driving at 160km/h in Sydney's south, police say.
A man was spotted allegedly travelling at twice the speed limit on the Princes Highway at Waterfall around 5am (AEDT) today.

Police stopped a Toyota sedan and took the driver to Sutherland police station. They say he returned an alcohol breath test reading of 0.035 - above the legal limit for a P-plate driver.

A 20-year-old man has been charged with a special range proscribed alcohol concentration (PCA) offence and with exceeding the speed limit by more than 45km/h.

His driver's licence was suspended and he is due to appear in Sutherland Local Court on February 5.

Offline dkabab

sounds like the cops didnt want to lose their licences like that guy last month

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

sounds like the cops didnt want to lose their licences like that guy last month

Dunno about that, the road going past my place is a 50 zone, and both of them were doing at least twice that!!!

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
did you hear about the female cop in WA who was DUI in a cop car?

that's a staggering story.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

You are right because I have heard that before.

I wonder what the charge is for a car accelerating to the speed limit as quickly as possible without spinning the wheels.

I tried that once, back when I was younger and stupider.

The Cop says to me that I was going a bit quick, and I say to him that I was not speeding but it should not matter how quick I took to get to 60.
He says that if I am going to be a smart arse he would slap me with a dangerous driving charge for accelerating too hard, and an invite to court.
I said sorry(arse kissing) and he tells me not to do it again or he will kick my arse.

So not sure what the rules are for this situation.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Police note worst drivers of 2008

http://bigpondnews.com/articles/OddSpot/2009/01/04/Police_note_worst_drivers_of_2008_292365.html

Backpackers who used a cardboard number plate and a man who slip-streamed to save fuel have been nominated as the worst drivers of 2008 by Queensland Police.

On December 19, traffic police on the Bruce Highway at Inkerman, north Queensland, intercepted a vehicle driven by backpackers, sporting a cardboard registration plate.

It read: 'LICENCE'.

The tourists were fined.

Less amusing was a May 2 incident on the Warrego Highway near Gatton, west of Brisbane.

A police officer on radar duty saw two cars pass at just above the 100km/h speed limit, with the rear car sitting just three to four metres behind the front car, maintaining that distance at that speed.

The officer stopped the 31-year-old male driver of the rear car and asked why he was so close to the vehicle in front.

The man told the officer he was 'slip-streaming' to save gas.

He had trouble getting out of the vehicle and a random breath test returned a reading of 0.260.

He was charged with drink driving.

In another drink-driving incident on March 17, a 25-year-old man did a burnout in front of a police speed camera at Yamanto, west of Brisbane.

He was charged with dangerous driving and drink driving after he returned a blood alcohol reading of 0.078.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

:doh:

A Gold Coast man, stripped of his licence by a magistrate was caught allegedly driving away from the courthouse, minutes later.

He was arrested and has faced court again, being threatened with jail if he ever does it again.

John Thomson, 25 was initially caught riding an unregistered and uninsured motorbike while he was drunk. He also had his girlfriend's six-year-old daughter on the back.

Thomson will reappear in Southport Magistrate's Court on February 6.

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
A Gold Coast man, stripped of his licence by a magistrate was caught allegedly driving away from the courthouse, minutes later.

Yeah heard of this one many times.  That's the easiest way to get that nasty little "repeat offender" tag from traffic authority people in your state.  :thumbsup:

sometimes its better to let these people keep riding cos eventually they will kill themselves

Yep.  Bring on natural selection.  :thumbsup:

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

I tried that once, back when I was younger and stupider.

The Cop says to me that I was going a bit quick, and I say to him that I was not speeding but it should not matter how quick I took to get to 60.
He says that if I am going to be a smart arse he would slap me with a dangerous driving charge for accelerating too hard, and an invite to court.
I said sorry(arse kissing) and he tells me not to do it again or he will kick my arse.

So not sure what the rules are for this situation.

Would be interesting to see how that one would stand up in court.  I would have thought providing you didn't break traction you haven't broken any laws.  Same with braking.  With my last car which really stopped, I often wondered what would happen if a copper ran into the back of me when stopping on an orange when most would normally continue through.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Would be interesting to see how that one would stand up in court.  I would have thought providing you didn't break traction you haven't broken any laws.  Same with braking.  With my last car which really stopped, I often wondered what would happen if a copper ran into the back of me when stopping on an orange when most would normally continue through.

Do it all the time on the Street Triple. It gets to 60 really quick. Never been pulled over but had plenty of dirty looks from cops.

I know of some one who was run into by a cop and was given a fine - it went to court and was thrown out. But the repairs to her car were carried out very quickly and they did not check the quote(she may have had a bit more done on the car above what was damaged  :scratchchin:).