Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

After Nev's funeral today, Ash and I were cruising on One Tree Hill Road in the 458, when we caught up to a Ford XR8 towing a jet ski.  He saw us in his mirrors and took off like he'd seen a ghost.  I wasn't game to match his pace on the 80km/h road but he was flying.  He stopped after a while to check his load and we pulled up and chatted for a bit.  He said his V8 was worked and good for 350Kw at the wheels, adding that the 458 wouldn't keep up in a straight. He then proved it by laying rubber for 50m towards us, crossing the car up worryingly in the process - with the ski and trailer still hooked up.  :eek:

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
  He said his V8 was worked and good for 350Kw at the wheels, adding that the 458 wouldn't keep up in a straight.

You should have bet him $400,000 that it wasnt.  ;)

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

After Nev's funeral today, Ash and I were cruising on One Tree Hill Road in the 458, when we caught up to a Ford XR8 towing a jet ski.  He saw us in his mirrors and took off like he'd seen a ghost.  I wasn't game to match his pace on the 80km/h road but he was flying.  He stopped after a while to check his load and we pulled up and chatted for a bit.  He said his V8 was worked and good for 350Kw at the wheels, adding that the 458 wouldn't keep up in a straight. He then proved it by laying rubber for 50m towards us, crossing the car up worryingly in the process - with the ski and trailer still hooked up.  :eek:

What a dickhead!!!!!  :rolleyes:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
What a dickhead!!!!!  :rolleyes:

Pretty much, but it was pretty funny.  Fastest I've ever seen a jetski on land. :eek:

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
Down at Goolwa for the long weekend and decided stupidly to take the X5 onto the beach! All going well till right at the end- avoiding some walkers and lost momentum and got bogged!! Scary feeling with wife and 2 kids in the vehicle and tide coming in fast!!
Eternally grateful to some real 4wders cf wannabe me in an x5 who helped dig and used a snatch strap to help tow me out!

Huge lesson learnt NEVER to try it again! M sticking to bitumen from hereon!
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
Down at Goolwa for the long weekend and decided stupidly to take the X5 onto the beach! All going well till right at the end- avoiding some walkers and lost momentum and got bogged!! Scary feeling with wife and 2 kids in the vehicle and tide coming in fast!!
Eternally grateful to some real 4wders cf wannabe me in an x5 who helped dig and used a snatch strap to help tow me out!

4w drivers will always stop to give a helping hand to anyone in trouble...... :thumbsup:

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.

Buy something like "tow truck in a box," store it in the car and you'll never be stuck ... normally you can let some air out of your tires, wack it in 4wd, tho I guess the X5 is constant...... and drive on out.. letting your tires down can make a huge difference, then you take it easy until you can blow them up again.

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
Tried letting tires down to no avail. Run flat tyres have really stiff sidewalls that would not deform/deflate. Whilst it was fun driving on sand and feeling tyres slip and grip etc, it shows that I m definitely not someone who likes to get my hands and feet dirty and it was enough to scare me for a while! This turkey is well and truly sticking to bitumen and the X5 will probably continue being the Suburban tractor! :-)
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
Tried letting tires down to no avail. Run flat tyres have really stiff sidewalls that would not deform/deflate. Whilst it was fun driving on sand and feeling tyres slip and grip etc, it shows that I m definitely not someone who likes to get my hands and feet dirty and it was enough to scare me for a while! This turkey is well and truly sticking to bitumen and the X5 will probably continue being the Suburban tractor! :-)

I'll take to you down to Salt Creek in the Prado next time we go Mulloway/Salmon fishing......you'll love it :mischief:

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

I'll take to you down to Salt Creek in the Prado next time we go Mulloway/Salmon fishing......you'll love it :mischief:

Don't forget to invite me *ahem*