Offline 265T

http://www.facebook.com/TakeBackAdelaideHillsRoads

Another Facebook vigilante group aimed at "reducing deaths, injury and annoyance of speeding and dangerously driven vehicles in the Adelaide Hills."

It's full of great tips for making police reports   :doh:

Here's a reporting tip for you. Try to get the rego of the offending vehicle, but don't worry about getting a detailed description (it's difficult to write that all down when they're hooning by). Once you've got the rego number, go to this website and enter the details. You'll get a full vehicle make, model and description to add to your police report.

Often these poorly endowed idiots believe that disconnecting the lights illuminating their regos will make it more difficult for the public to report them. Simple solution - get yourself a powerful LED torch and shine it directly on them as it passes. The rego illuminates like a full moon. Problem solved. Idiot reported.

Appear to be based in the Lobethal to Ashton area

https://twitter.com/NoMoreHoons

Feb 22 No More Hoons‏@NoMoreHoons

Speeding through #AdelHills on Lobethal Rd: S777AUP (green Subaru station wagon)

Speeding through #AdelHills on Lobethal Rd: WIX466 (white Ford sedan)

Speeding through #AdelHills on Lobethal Rd: WEO555 (green Ford station wagon)

Speeding through #AdelHills on Lobethal Rd: RLZ070 (gold Toyota sedan)

Offline blackr35

I used to do market research. I called people in a certain suburb and asked them about problems in their area. Only people who were at home answered, obviously. They were all elderly. 'Hoons!', they cried. '100 miles an hour!!', was very common to hear. (The oldies don't get the new kilometre things)

So the survey results went in and the powers that be carpeted the suburb with speed humps to minimize 'hooning'. Here, there, everywhere a speed hump.

Later, in a different career, I learnt that the preponderance of speed humps in this area had (anecdotally) increased ambulance response times by enough to increase the mortality rate amongst the elderly in the area.

Carma.

May the NIMBYs of the Hills take note.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Later, in a different career, I learnt that the preponderance of speed humps in this area had (anecdotally) increased ambulance response times by enough to increase the mortality rate amongst the elderly in the area.

Lulz.

It's like the latest report saying that the number of cyclist deaths reduction is in line with the number of people not cycling because they had to wear helmets.

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
Sometimes it is so embarrassing to live in this State.
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

• Name: Steve
What is the fine for not displaying number plates? I don’t think you get demerit points for this offence in SA. Some say a few bike riders do this.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

What is the fine for not displaying number plates? I don’t think you get demerit points for this offence in SA. Some say a few bike riders do this.

I believe the fine can be up to $2500. Not sure about the demerit points......

btw, 3 points here in Vic

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

I believe the fine can be up to $2500. Not sure about the demerit points......

btw, 3 points here in Vic

Going back a few years it was a $220 for not displaying a registration plate, if you cover it up that was a big fine that attracted demerit points. It may have changed now? 

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Hmmmm, interesting fine structure in Vic:

Use of vehicle with altered, incorrect or misrepresented number plate - $281.86

Use of vehicle where number plate not affixed or displayed in accordance with regulations - $140.84 and 3 points

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

A few years ago a bunch of budding hoons removed the registration plate from a speed camera car whilst the driver was being distracted. They then proceeded to drive up and down South Road at high speed getting pinged by the same camera………  Cheeky buggers.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
A few years ago a bunch of budding hoons removed the registration plate from a speed camera car whilst the driver was being distracted. They then proceeded to drive up and down South Road at high speed getting pinged by the same camera………  Cheeky buggers.

When they first put the red light camera outside Holden Hill Police station some idiots in a panel van did the same thing with a guy doing brown eyes out the back with the tail gate up... What they forgot was the for sale sign on the tailgate with a now upside down phone number on it.