Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

A few of us go to Tassie each year for a weekend but most of our planning is off-liine. Hence, I thought it worth mentioning it more publicly in case others are interested.

We catch the ferry down from Melbourne on a Friday night and return on the Sunday night, staying in Hobart on Saturday night. If you have a car of sporting intent and are interested, let's hear from you. The last few trips have been in May, but there might be an additional trip in February this year.  As those who have done this trip will attest, it is a fantastic driving experience.

Offline Iggy_Type_R

A few of us go to Tassie each year for a weekend but most of our planning is off-liine. Hence, I thought it worth mentioning it more publicly in case others are interested.

We catch the ferry down from Melbourne on a Friday night and return on the Sunday night, staying in Hobart on Saturday night. If you have a car of sporting intent and are interested, let's hear from you. The last few trips have been in May, but there might be an additional trip in February this year.  As those who have done this trip will attest, it is a fantastic driving experience.
Mark, I am keen as always... although Feb is a bit nuts for me.. inc a trip to Europe. May is much better :)

Will give me time to upgrade a few bits on the AMG as well!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Mark, I am keen as always... although Feb is a bit nuts for me.. inc a trip to Europe. May is much better :)

Will give me time to upgrade a few bits on the AMG as well!

May is good. ;)

This May will be the fifth anniversary of the first AE Tassie trip, the route of which was the creation of the now departed but much esteemed Beama. I'm not sure if the thread that kicked it off started here or on F-chat but I'll try to find it because it shows how excited we were to discover this driving paradise.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
This May will be the fifth anniversary of the first AE Tassie trip, the route of which was the creation of the now departed but much esteemed Beama. I'm not sure if the thread that kicked it off started here or on F-chat but I'll try to find it because it shows how excited we were to discover this driving paradise.

Fourth I think.

60 pages here, but it's private: http://aussieexotics.com/forum/lap-of-tassie-private/tassie-trip-228.0.html

The other thread with all the pics has annoyingly broken image links because stoopid SmugMug deleted my account which I was assured would be there forever. :rolleyes:

http://aussieexotics.com/forum/events/lap-of-tasmania-272.0.html

Will have to go through and re-do it with the images hosted directly on AE.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

Mark, I'm happy to be in but i am racing at Wakefield for a 3 day event in Feb and then have a rapid track build up for Bathurst at easter...........May sounds like a good "cool down" after the mountain.......................keep me in the loop please
Always Gunna

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

wooohoooo.... but I don't have a new car so I'm not sure if I wanna go.. :D :P :)

I think the Cayenne would do well.. hmm..

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
and then have a rapid track build up for Bathurst at easter...........

see ya there!

you racing in the sports cars 1 hr???

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

wooohoooo.... but I don't have a new car so I'm not sure if I wanna go.. :D :P :)

I think the Cayenne would do well.. hmm..

You're pretty busy in February. :)

New car?  911 not good enough any more??

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

see ya there!

you racing in the sports cars 1 hr???

Yep.................and ya better come say G'day!
Always Gunna