Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Yes, I got that one too. Looks very nice. Probably somewhere to take the wife.

In theory yes it would be one to take the wife on. In practise it would mean a permanent handbrake on in the car, thereby ensuring that I couldn't enjoy the car or the drive :(

Then there is the fact that I am a captive audience in the car which gives rise to the possibility that she may view the lengthy drive as an opportunity to chew my ear off about some triviality or another :p   At least when I am at home I can always escape to work ;)

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

You guys were viewing the mobile version (hence the m. subdomain).

http://www.saffire-freycinet.com.au/

Much more impressive. :)

I linked the website without even looking at it any further. I was going off the very impressive little brochure that came with the Centurian magazine. it looks like a fabulous place to unwind and it is a very, very beautiful part of Tasmania.

Offline j15

I'm going to do the overland track at Cradle Mountain later this year - 65km walk

I'll drive when I'm too old to walk :D

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
I'm going to do the overland track at Cradle Mountain later this year - 65km walk

I walked from the car park to the lake once... anything else is unnecessary and can be seen by chartering a plane or chopper. ;) Remember Tasmania is an island, not Ireland, lots of brown snakes there.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Great walk; but don't do it in winter.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

I walked from the car park to the lake once... anything else is unnecessary and can be seen by chartering a plane or chopper. ;) Remember Tasmania is an island, not Ireland, lots of brown snakes there.

We did that short walk one winter. It was driving rain and bone chillingly cold, I can't imagine a 65km walk in that :eek:

Offline j15

I like being outside, and don't get out to do this sort of stuff anywhere near as much as I want to, so I'm looking forward to it.

Point taken about the snakes though.

Offline j15

Great walk; but don't do it in winter.

Going in October, so I should be alright.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

We did that short walk one winter. It was driving rain and bone chillingly cold, I can't imagine a 65km walk in that :eek:

Was winter when I did it as well, was lightly snowing and we only just made it up to the car park before they closed the road. I had three cop vehicles following me up as someone had gone on one of the long treks and had gone missing. Down hill was much easier on the way back.

The lake looks amazing in winter, words cant describe it.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

Going in October, so I should be alright.

Wear your garters, second biggest brown snake Ive ever seen was while bush walking in Tassie, scared the bejesus out of me.

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Cars ] Underground Parking at Home Aircon Today at 11:21
[ Cars ] Stolen R8 dodger Today at 10:56
[ Porsche ] Porsche 991 GT3 NBTBRV8 Today at 10:46
[ Cars ] Maserati - The only Assetto Corsa in Australia ? outcruisen Today at 10:07
[ Off Topic ] Real Estate allanuber Today at 05:42
[ Ferrari ] 458 Speciale shack Today at 05:12
[ Lamborghini ] Aventador SV SIV3 Yesterday at 23:25
[ Jaguar ] Jaguar XJ220 TomE Yesterday at 21:03
[ Cars ] Spotted thread Horse Yesterday at 15:23
[ Events ] CARS AND COFFEE SYDNEY 360c Yesterday at 13:33