Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Nobody bothers paying anyhow

Well, I wouldn't take that risk if you ever want to visit Italy again. :o

Edit: Or ever rent a car again...

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Nobody bothers paying anyhow

Thats one of the many reasons they're going broke.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

$100 no pay = punch in the guts
$200 no pay = punch in the head
$300 no pay = kneecapping
anything over that 3 nights in a small cell with Mondi :eek:

Offline adam01

If only their systems were that efficient  :D  - apart from grease the palm

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Awarded the most festive post of the month.

Italy may have cameras, but no demerit points for Aussies.  :drive:  :nana:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Could this get vaguer?

http://pdriversproject.com

How hard is it to figure out they're killing kids by not teaching them to drive properly?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Not sure if we're being trolled, or a Govt employee is making sense...

"Road Safety Minister Mike Penning told the Institute of Advanced Motorists (IAM) that it was questionable whether the driving test did anything more than train drivers to pass a test, and that a raft of changes were being made to correct that." 

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/276118/learner_drivers_on_motorway.html

Offline a.taylor

Licensing for the most part is just proving you know the road rules. There is very little in L or P plate testing that demonstrates you can actually drive a car. Sure there is a driving test for you to get P plates but again most of that is just observing the road rules.

The ban on motorway driving sounds a lot like the 80 km/h speed limit L plate drivers have to observe here in NSW. There is no sense there, the first time a new driver is allowed to travel at full highway speeds is when they are in the car by themselves rather than with an experienced driver along side them :doh:

Our government needs to take a good hard look at driver training from the fundamentals rather than just tacking on extra bits of regulations here and there.. it's an ineffective mess.

Offline Nobleambitions

• Back from the naughty corner.

The 120 hour requirement is another area that needs reform. While it is good in theory, the fact of the matter is, that a large number of L platers are just faking their books. When I was on my L's I was lucky, as my father often went around Sydney to visit clients and I had my 120 hours much before my 12 month L's requirement was satisfied. Many of my friends have parents that work full time and/or don't have the time to spend 120 hours in a car with their kid. I know of one person who is doing 100 hours with an instructor, 1 hour a week at a cost of $65 per lesson. That's $6500 out of pocket and almost two years before she's even eligible for a P's driving test.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

The 120 hour requirement is another area that needs reform. While it is good in theory, the fact of the matter is, that a large number of L platers are just faking their books. When I was on my L's I was lucky, as my father often went around Sydney to visit clients and I had my 120 hours much before my 12 month L's requirement was satisfied. Many of my friends have parents that work full time and/or don't have the time to spend 120 hours in a car with their kid. I know of one person who is doing 100 hours with an instructor, 1 hour a week at a cost of $65 per lesson. That's $6500 out of pocket and almost two years before she's even eligible for a P's driving test.

120 hours is a huge amount of time to be using a logbook. My daughter (in SA) just finished 75 hours to get her P's and she felt hard done by because her slightly older friends only did 50!  You are right about the faking - you start off using a stopwatch but by the end you are happy to tell the time just using the sun.  After 4 months on her P's, my baby still can't parallel park and will need more training from an expert ( me) on country driving before she can take her car to Robe.