Online alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
For something that we are going to be paying for in our lifetime, why is there no transparency at all in the costings? Me thinks that there is a lot of back scratching for contracts being awarded etc.

If I am ultimately paying for it, I should be entitled to know where and how my tax $$ are to be spent!!
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Speaking of the hospital.... its meant to cost something like 1-2billion....

thats the build cost ( more like the $5b mark IMHO)

but there's devil in the details

whats the fit out cost gonna be -  those are the figures we havent seen yet

Online alvchua

SA Police training in my experience is crap at best and being reasonable is soooooo subjective!!! Years ago I did some forensic work for SAPOL and even then realised the chain of evidence process as well as training in general of cadets was crap!!! My experience recently being a witness in a domestic violence situation and the comedy of errors leading up to the commital hearing (case is still yet to be heard as apparently they could not locate a judge to hear the case just after Easter 2011!!!!) suggests that things haven't really changed for the better hence I fear this is yet again another revenue raising exercise in Rannistan for the the MRH(Mike Rann Hospital)!
Ok - time to eat humble pie bout SA Police - was pulled over for "speeding" this morning - 34 km/h in a 25 zone - pulling into roadworks in front of petrol station opposite my work - had to accelerate into outside lane of a 2 lane road - got done and pulled over - policeman was actually very very nice and polite and helpful and asked reason - pointed across the road to my workplace and explained I had to accelerate into outer lane to make a u-turn further down - Cannot believe my luck - got let off!!! Made my weekend!  :D

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Ok - time to eat humble pie bout SA Police - was pulled over for "speeding" this morning - 34 km/h in a 25 zone - pulling into roadworks in front of petrol station opposite my work - had to accelerate into outside lane of a 2 lane road - got done and pulled over - policeman was actually very very nice and polite and helpful and asked reason - pointed across the road to my workplace and explained I had to accelerate into outer lane to make a u-turn further down - Cannot believe my luck - got let off!!! Made my weekend!  :D

Ah, the old "medical emergency" excuse. :p

Online alvchua

Ah, the old "medical emergency" excuse. :p
Shhhhhh!!!

Actually did not use "emergency" but rather just pointed across the road and said I was late for my first patient!  :cool:

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Shhhhhh!!!

Actually did not use "emergency" but rather just pointed across the road and said I was late for my first patient!  :cool:

I've done the same citing emergency patient needs, been let off.  Once they said they'll follow me and luckily this time it really was to see a patient out of hours