Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Whats the active cruise like, does it work well?

Active cruise is great.  Just ask Ash!  :thumbsup:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
It's certainly having an effect on on my car.  Check the ambient temp at the bottom of the instruments. 

I think the gauge has gone a bit crazy.

Ooh - chemistry flashback!  I think any liquid with a flash point over that temp is known as combustible. :cool:

Active cruise is great.  Just ask Ash!  :thumbsup:

http://aussieexotics.com/forum/mercedes-benz-amg/1000-miles-at-1000-nm-s65-amg-t3593.0.html

:D

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Ooh - chemistry flashback!  I think any liquid with a flash point over that temp is known as combustible. :cool:

OK, this new pic is for the coroner then.  :eek:

The gauge is wrong but the front guards are too hot to touch.  I'm starting to work out why the clearbra melted last summer.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

The gauge is wrong but the front guards are too hot to touch.  I'm starting to work out why the clearbra melted last summer.

Apparently the sensor is located right behind the number plates.  I wonder if being black could affect that in direct sunlight, not to mention behind right near the radiators...

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w124-e-ce-d-td-class/1476800-where-does-ambient-temperature-sensor-plug.html

Quote from: augapfel
The ambient temp sensor located behind the front license plate provides a signal to the cluster temp display only.

On another note, the protien of a chicken's egg albumen starts to coagulate at about 63.5 degrees, so if you really want to test the theory go and crack a googie on the grille and see if it starts turning white. :D

Offline Rat Boy

• 1158 : 143

3 Deg C at my place when I left home this morning... :(

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

why do you think the gauge is wrong?

The temp in the sun on the road surface is likely to be well into the 60's..... I've seen track temps of 70 deg C a couple of times.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

why do you think the gauge is wrong?

Because last summer it never showed more than 50 degrees. Also, it was jumping all over the place today. At least it gives me something to complain about at the annual service coming up. Otherwise the car has been perfect.

Offline 98octane

It was extremely hot in NE Victoria over the weekend - ~35C. 

But that wasn't going to stop me going on my planned epic drive: Beechworth - Yackandanda - Tallangatta - Mitta Mitta - Omeo - Mt Hotham - Bright - Beechworth.  I left Beechworth at 7:30am on Monday and returned before lunch.

This was perhaps the greatest drive I've ever had - the 162km of the Omeo Hwy is pure driving nirvana (if you don't mind the 30km dirt bit) - brilliant, fast sweeping bends through picturesque valleys, very tight technical twisting roads through the Vic Alpine forest and through rocky cliffs overlooking the Mitta Mitta River.  After Omeo the route includes excellent quality fast road to and through the Dinner Plains, then twisting roads with stunning views over Mt Hotham including sheer drops on both sides of the road.  Then, after you've already completed 315km, there's another very technical twisty run down Mt Hotham to Harrietville (mostly corners signposted @30-35kph).  Unbelievable drive.  Can't wait to do it again.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Beechworth+VIC&daddr=tallangatta+to:Omeo+VIC+to:mt+hotham+to:Beechworth+VIC&geocode=FWsv1f0d3ke-CClXqkT7sbYmazGMC2a-zfrLvg%3BFURO1_0da6rFCCkxnR8peu4jazFuaI79OPG4lw%3B%3B%3B&hl=en&mra=ls&sll=-36.302952,147.01355&sspn=0.521274,0.88028&ie=UTF8&ll=-36.62655,147.170105&spn=1.038208,1.760559&z=9