Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
I got plenty of great roads I can help you with, done them all and god there are some brilliant roads to be driven, only problem is don't have big driving days on weekends, the roads are clogged with tiny Fiats or bikes that are driven by old ladies
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I got plenty of great roads I can help you with, done them all and god there are some brilliant roads to be driven, only problem is don't have big driving days on weekends, the roads are clogged with tiny Fiats or bikes that are driven by old ladies

Cool, so are you in?

Offline mtarone

Maybe meet in Frankfurt, spend a day at the motorshow, rent some Porsches and head for the best driving roads we can find.

Very doable and very tempting too. I have a strong desire to go back to Germany, must be why I'm attracted to their cars.

I could make it for one of the open to public days (14-22) but probably not before that as we are down south with family for the first week and then amalfi after that.

Sounds like a pretty good plan though, I reckon I could do 3 days total.

How much for a Porsche per day over there?

Edit: Might be able to get to the trade days (12-13)

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Trade days are best. The crush on public days is too much.

A 991 is 208 euros per day which includes 200 km. Car is only to be used in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. See Avis.de for details. :)

Offline mtarone

A 991 is 208 euros per day which includes 200 km. Car is only to be used in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. See Avis.de for details. :)

Thanks, you've given me an idea for 'holiday away from a holiday'. Will try for 13-14-15 (fly in early on 13 and back early on 16th), just will make sure everyone else is OK with my little escape (I'm sure they will be).

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Thanks, you've given me an idea for 'holiday away from a holiday'. Will try for 13-14-15 (fly in early on 13 and back early on 16th), just will make sure everyone else is OK with my little escape (I'm sure they will be).

I'll need to do the same at my place.

Anyone else up for this? :)

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

I'll need to do the same at my place.

Anyone else up for this? :)

possibly. as I'll be in eurpoe a few weeks after that anyway, there is no reason I cant bring forwrads my reason to be in greece to an earlier date

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

possibly. as I'll be in eurpoe a few weeks after that anyway, there is no reason I cant bring forwrads my reason to be in greece to an earlier date

:thumbsup:

Offline mtarone

Do it! (no pressure though)  :D

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head

No Italy????   Insurance issue?   Best roads are found in Northern Italy and Austria. Switzerland is good but too many radar traps. Germany is good for an hour or 2 then you get sick of the top speed challenge and having to refuel every 100km
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!