Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
I know a lot dont get time to see the news so I thought Id share this amazing story of survival. The other side is even more crushed.
http://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/latest/a/-/newshome/16079026/womans-remarkable-escape-from-car-crush/

Offline Paulstar

Saw that from the other side, was amazed. It's for this reason if I ever am driving/riding and end up in front of and behind a truck or even in heavy traffic with a truck behind me, I change lanes and get out of there.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
This is why I don't understand why people jump right infront of trucks. Every day without fail i'll see a number of people change lanes to fit in a gap barely big enough for them let alone safely changing lanes right infront of a truck, and especially the interstate Tautliners that have just completed an interstate run.

Sometimes I see a line of 3 or 4 cars rushing to squeeze infront of a semi nearly all at the same time just so that they are not stuck behind a truck. As I drive down an arterial road that connects an interstate highway with a motorway that services Sydney on a daily basis (Pennant Hills Road) I see shit and accidents like this all the time. There is the odd truckie who is in the wrong, but i'd say 98 times out of 100 the truckie is usually in the right.

I don't know about this particular case but if the person has jumped right infront of the truck as it was approaching a stop, then I don't have any sympathy for this little car or it's driver. Trucks need more space to stop, GIVE THEM THE FUCKING SPACE!!!
After all, if the truck doesn't stop in time, even if the truck is in the wrong, it is your life at risk, not the truck drivers.
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline the360

Amazing.....about 1 year ago a semi trailer ran at the back of my car going at about 70kms......no rear passengers at the time of the hit otherwise it would have been deadly nothing was left of the 6 month old bmw.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
The average person can't drive and has no concept of the physics involved in bringing a fully laden 18 wheeler to a stop. As a result they don't understand why it's dangerous to jump in front of a truck as you would a normal car.

I am always very aware of trucks and keep my distance, passing them as quickly as possible. Possibly comes from riding motorcycles as well as you tend to have a much greater spacial awareness as a result.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
The average person can't drive and has no concept of the physics involved in bringing a fully laden 18 wheeler to a stop. As a result they don't understand why it's dangerous to jump in front of a truck as you would a normal car.

I am always very aware of trucks and keep my distance, passing them as quickly as possible. Possibly comes from riding motorcycles as well as you tend to have a much greater spacial awareness as a result.

the process I went through to obtain road train and B double lic should be used for all road users. Ever try to stop a 72 wheel road train with 80 tonne of weight in a hurry.......they don't stop they slow down, much like 60's ferraris
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

the process I went through to obtain road train and B double lic should be used for all road users. Ever try to stop a 72 wheel road train with 80 tonne of weight in a hurry.......they don't stop they slow down, much like 60's ferraris

Don't have a heavy license; but I know what you mean. I've done a ton of miles in 1960's and 1970's Ferraris and you're spot on. Not only do they slow down at a leisurely pace, they only do it a few times before you experience brake fade etc. Take them to the track and it's even worse.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

Don't have a heavy license; but I know what you mean. I've done a ton of miles in 1960's and 1970's Ferraris and you're spot on. Not only do they slow down at a leisurely pace, they only do it a few times before you experience brake fade etc. Take them to the track and it's even worse.

even with ABS, disc brakes and stability control on a semi doesn't make it slow down any quicker. Now you will find semi's, b doubles, road trains run video v box with 4 cameras, one in front, one behind and one on each side. thus when aunt Mary pulls in front of you and she stops and you hit her the insurance company can review footage and for the first time you cannot be liable for a rear ender cos of aunt Mary's stupidity
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

also it's no different to a insurance company scrolling your ecu after a prang, if they discover you we're doing in excess of the speed limit your insurance can be voided and action can be taken by the police

that's why I love my carby cars.......no computers

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

even with ABS, disc brakes and stability control on a semi doesn't make it slow down any quicker. Now you will find semi's, b doubles, road trains run video v box with 4 cameras, one in front, one behind and one on each side. thus when aunt Mary pulls in front of you and she stops and you hit her the insurance company can review footage and for the first time you cannot be liable for a rear ender cos of aunt Mary's stupidity

Excellent idea; but the flip side is it keeps a record if the truckie does the wrong thing.

Cops must love finding gopro's and such when they pull up a car for speeding or whatever.