Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
VEHICLE DIAGNOSTIC TELEMATICS ........ big bother is knocking on your insurance door.

I can tell you as a fact that Insurance companies in Australia are looking right now at bringing in the compulsory fitting of these devices as a requirement for you getting insurance on your exotic/super car.

this is an example of the pitch insurance companies are using right now, http://www.insurethebox.com/ offering discounts and help if your car is stolen but shortly it will be a demand, especially for big dollar vehicles....

Insurance companies are now offering discounts for people that fit Telematic devices that send details of how you drive back to the insurance company.

These boxes send back your speed, braking, acceleration, all your driving habits directly to your insurance company.

People on the car scene need to get together and black ban any insurance company that offers these devices in Australia otherwise you'll never be able to accelerate hard or brake hard again without losing your insurance cover. If you were driving at 10kmh over the limit at the time of any accident they will have a record of it and you wont have insurance.

Next step will be the police having the power to look at this data as a way to help lower the road toll and using that excuse ......... you know it will go thru Parliament like Hugh Hefner thru blondes.

Right now theyre offering it as an incentive to get discount to suckers that will come on board. Next step will be they wont insure your supercar, modified car or collector car without one.... then it will lead to no one getting insurance without one... the only way to fight this would be a world wide black banning of insurance companies offering their use right now.

Unfortunately I cant see that happening, so welcome to our future, guys.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Unfortunately I cant see that happening, so welcome to our future, guys.

Pretty much, I've already resigned to the fact that motoring for enjoyment only has 5-10 years left in it.

Offline CortinaD

Pretty much, I've already resigned to the fact that motoring for enjoyment only has 5-10 years left in it.

You don't have to break the law to enjoy driving though. This is just another excuse for these insurance pricks (all of them from the brokers to the underwriters) to receive money and not pay out so they all can have new ferraris in the garage.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

You don't have to break the law to enjoy driving though. This is just another excuse for these insurance pricks (all of them from the brokers to the underwriters) to receive money and not pay out so they all can have new ferraris in the garage.

What it will do is also record if you go for a Sunday drive once a month where you accelerate hard and brake hard and record this... even if you dont go over the limit they will then use this as a reason to increase your policy price the next year.

Also, what if youre on the speed limit and aquaplane and pick up speed before an accident .... no cover :waah:

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
i'm copy and pasting this into other forums, others with other forum accounts should do the same
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

i'm copy and pasting this into other forums, others with other forum accounts should do the same

We need a world wide commitment from car people to black ban insurance companies that bring this in. The first major company that advertises discounts for fitting them, everyone should leave that company and find alternative insurance. We all know insurance companies are sharks so other companies will happily take up the slack and shouldnt risk losing everyone if they try and introduce it themselves....

Wonder how much it takes to start your own insurance company? After the HIH and FAI collapses im sure the Gov has regulations that make it near impossible. .... anyone got some Super they wanna invest into an exotic car insurance company?  :scratchchin:

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

Wonder how much it takes to start your own insurance company? After the HIH and FAI collapses im sure the Gov has regulations that make it near impossible. .... anyone got some Super they wanna invest into an exotic car insurance company?  :scratchchin:

Go to Lloyds of London, sure they would like your money lol
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

Go to Lloyds of London, sure they would like your money lol

They have a branch in Sydney, they already underwrite Ryno Insurance Services from memory.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

They have a branch in Sydney, they already underwrite Ryno Insurance Services from memory.

LLoyds isn't an insurance company, it is an association of insurance agencies that spread the risk between eachother. It has been around since the 1600's, started off ironically as insuring British Slave ships.

Now they just screw us for money lol
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I've been shopping for quotes on the 458.  The one company that mentioned a tracker didn't get a chance to tell me about the premium.  I'm doing my bit.