Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
Decided as i have had the car since 2008 and its still only done 34,000km time to give it a proper drive.

After a drive around the coast to some of the beaches unfortunately the under tray didn't agree with the corrugated dirt roads and departed the car, as you can see below that is all that was left at the end of the drive. Nothing out of the obvious that suggested that anything had happened until there was a scraping sound when this part was scraping along the ground.

Given the time of year quite pleased with how quiet the roads were, although they are a bit mundane, but a few good days of sun, beaches and local produce made it worth it
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Nice pics. :thumbsup:

Got a map of where you went?

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

Offline RS

Nice pics. :thumbsup:

Got a map of where you went?

Just a rough map as google maps not letting me move points to the roads I went on for some reason

Planned on going down to Innes National park and across the bottom but ran out of time and didn't want to do too much driving on the rocky roads with intercooler and radiator exposed.

Planning on heading back again sometime to do the rest and port Vincent on the way home

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I like it over there too.  I've done the trip in both my old S65 and the current M5.  The M5 trip was in the last weekend of 2012. :o

My next adventure which I hope to tackle early in the new year is to visit the Eyre Peninsula which I've never seen.

Offline RS

I like it over there too.  I've done the trip in both my old S65 and the current M5.  The M5 trip was in the last weekend of 2012. :o

My next adventure which I hope to tackle early in the new year is to visit the Eyre Peninsula which I've never seen.

I haven't done the Eyre Peninsula yet, used to do Yorke every year as a kid, this was my first trip there in 12 years