Offline Fil-Ski

• Name: Scuderia
I hope one of my two fall in love with cars. That way I have someone to back me when their mum cracks it over buying pointless cars.
My two young ones are backing me all the way with a purchase of a convertible at the moment. Pity the misses wants to do some renovations/buy a new house.

Offline Joel

My two young ones are backing me all the way with a purchase of a convertible at the moment. Pity the misses wants to do some renovations/buy a new house.

Haha thats awesome..  I was like that for my old man, he just never pulled the trigger.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
No doubt there is a market for all. But it seems anything remotely low and sporty/ fast can't tow.

Model s  no tow
A4 can tow  rs4 cannot
RS6 no tow option in australia
Golf can tow. Golf r cannot
Bmw m4 no tow option
Bentley cgt  no tow option
Even on the smaller scale
Fiesta can tow.  My fiesta st cannot

It seems that despite having the ability to make cars that could tow the industry wants to make us buy high riding cars if we ever need to tow. Rather than letting us have the option with something that may be better to drive

The industry makes high riding cars because that is what the public wants to buy. The ride height preference has nothing to do with towing either. Sitting up high means it is easier to get in and out of, easier to load babies (dead weight remember) and young kids into and you have better visibility in traffic from a higher vantage point. It also gives most people a false sense of security driving something that is big, heavy and high riding.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

It does come back slightly when they get to mine's age & are driving themselves, my daughter wants the R32 over the standard golf every time, my son has some interest in cars  :). When they are younger definitely the gadgets are the novelty, my son will still watch F1 Q3 & the start of the race then tunes out & does his own thing leaving me to watch on my own  :(

Ahh, so there is a hope that it will get better then   :thumbsup:

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

Haha thats awesome..  I was like that for my old man, he just never pulled the trigger.

When I was a teenager I used to encourage my father into buying new cars, not that it took much. "Gee Dad, we have had that Mercedes for 3 years now, must be time to get something else"   :D

Offline TomE

You don't have girls do you...? We took a 335i  Conv for a test drive.

The girls were all for it until we got to a straight road and their hair went everywhere.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
I see Phil the phool is going off about electric cars on Facebook again
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

I haven't been on Face Plant since the last episode  :doh:

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
The industry makes high riding cars because that is what the public wants to buy. The ride height preference has nothing to do with towing either. Sitting up high means it is easier to get in and out of, easier to load babies (dead weight remember) and young kids into and you have better visibility in traffic from a higher vantage point. It also gives most people a false sense of security driving something that is big, heavy and high riding.

I understand that there is a market for them, and many people (much to my chagrin) like to buy 4x4's that never see anything more than a lawn. But it doesnt mean that the manufacturers cant still leave us the tow option on interesting and good cars, rather than just offering them on the SUV (i.e. like Tesla).

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

maybe he can see the gradual demise of grease monkeys, may need to retrain as a sparky or auto electrician

or washing machine repair man