Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

After 2 months and a few thousand km's in the Model X I would say that if you could only have one Tesla, it would have to be a Model S P100DL, unless you particularly needed the extra seating capacity of the X.
or you wanted to tow a trailer.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
I think the ability to tow is related to the fitment of air suspension which was an expensive option on the Model S; but standard fitment on the Model X for all but the 5 seat option which nobody chooses anyway.

I haven't bothered; but I reckon you could fit a tow bar to my Model S.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
well its good to see that he can admit the error of his ways.

i'm sure if it were without those rear doors it would sell equally as well, if not better because it may be cheaper.

I wonder if they will fix some of the obvious flaws in the model 3 before release?  The rear being a tiny boot, vs a large hatch configuration springs to mind.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

well its good to see that he can admit the error of his ways.

i'm sure if it were without those rear doors it would sell equally as well, if not better because it may be cheaper.

I wonder if they will fix some of the obvious flaws in the model 3 before release?  The rear being a tiny boot, vs a large hatch configuration springs to mind.

The Model X would be MILES cheaper without the batty doors as Tesla themselves have stated.

They got smart with the Model 3 as they are making them available to the staff at Tesla and Space X  before releasing them to the public. The aim is to find and fix any problems before mass production starts.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
The Model X would be MILES cheaper without the batty doors as Tesla themselves have stated.

They got smart with the Model 3 as they are making them available to the staff at Tesla and Space X  before releasing them to the public. The aim is to find and fix any problems before mass production starts.

I've heard that they have re-designed the boot on the 3, however why have a boot when a hatch is such a more practical option?

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

I've heard that they have re-designed the boot on the 3, however why have a boot when a hatch is such a more practical option?

No idea on the Model 3 boot, I haven't followed the 3 all that much. I think there was supposed to be the final Elon PR reveal on the Model 3 in June   :scratchchin:

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Design isn't rocket science there are plenty to get ideas from, the hard stuff is the tech and it seems that's where the expertise ends,.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

One problem with the batty doors is you can not put your bike/surf board/canoe/skis on the roof. Look how many SUV's have some type of roof rack.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

One problem with the batty doors is you can not put your bike/surf board/canoe/skis on the roof. Look how many SUV's have some type of roof rack.

It is a big handicap I agree. They have a rack thing that goes on the rear hatch from memory; but it's not that user friendly.

IMO another problem for some users will be the range limitation compared to the Model S. The Model X is the EV equivalent of the old 4mpg yank tanks of old, gee it sucks the juice. I saw a local owner of a P100DL like mine posting that he almost didn't make it from the city to Phillip Island and back which is pretty ridiculous. Personally I wouldn't buy anything less than the 100 kw/h battery; but then again, I don't have a fall back ICE family car so range becomes more important.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter