Linked Events

• Sep 15-18 - SA - Classic Targa Adelaide: Thu, 15 Sep, 2011 - Sun, 18 Sep, 2011

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

u know u want one! :D

Last week, my CA navigator John offered to store a rally car in his shed.  :thumbsup:

Now, I just need to convince myself something slow can be fun.  :doh:

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks

Imagine - no creature comforts, no electric assistance, no power mirrors, no power windows, no ABS (some of the mid 80s supercars might viz M635CSI), no ESP, some with no A/C - just u and the feedback from a well tuned, perfect handling machine, and the road! - it is loads and loads of fun!! Yes slower, but much more feedback!  :p
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Imagine - no creature comforts, no electric assistance, no power mirrors, no power windows, no ABS (some of the mid 80s supercars might viz M635CSI), no ESP, some with no A/C - just u and the feedback from a well tuned, perfect handling machine, and the road! - it is loads and loads of fun!! Yes slower, but much more feedback!  :p

Hey, the limit is 20 years, not 40. I want all that stuff! :p

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

As if you don't remember the times we had in the MX5...

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I remember the times alright. I just don't recall much fun. :p

Offline dkabab

wheres that facebook shot of the two of you cruising along

Offline AdminAG

• All the news that fits to pixels

• Drives: Traffic
Classic car event is now on Targa

by STUART INNES

THE financially-plagued Classic Adelaide Rally has been replaced by the Classic Targa Adelaide.

It will run from September 15 to 18 this year, Tourism Minister John Rau confirmed yesterday, after The Advertiser reported an announcement was imminent.

"It will be a week before the Bay to Birdwood Classic, making it a real bonanza for people interested in motor cars and motorsport, especially classic vehicles," he said.

Mr Rau hosed down concerns that entrants who paid about $7000 each to be in the Classic Adelaide Rally last year, and did not get back their money when the event was cancelled, might be skeptical about entering.

Classic Adelaide Rally was to have run in late November last year but its promoter, Silverstone Events, ran into financial difficulties. Liquidators were called in to find seven-figure sums then unaccounted for, including $150,000 in advance entry fees.

Through the South Australian Tourism Commission arm Events SA, Classic Targa Adelaide wwould be given financial support, the amount kept confidential, Mr Rau said.

Classic Targa Adelaide will be run by Octagon, which runs four other Targas in Australia and NZ, including the highly-regarded Targa Tasmania, about to have its 20th event.

Michael Lamprell, of Seacliff, owner of a 1966 Ford Mustang tarmac rally car, said he was "more than happy" to enter Classic Targa Adelaide.

"I was wary about paying to enter Classic Adelaide last year but I'm confident of this new event," he said.

Source: http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/ipad/classic-car-event-is-now-on-targa/story-fn6bqphm-1226006569186

Hello :)

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

wheres that facebook shot of the two of you cruising along

It no longer exists. :p

Offline TomE

1st cut off today. Anyone know someone who has paid ther $4k?

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

1st cut off today. Anyone know someone who has paid ther $4k?

Be interesting to see how it goes. I can't see where they will get the numbers from. Taking the moderns out leaves a huge hole to fill, and they'll have their work cut out signing older cars for the Tour category as these owners don't like to spend money.