Linked Events

• Jul 1-10 - Vic - Melbourne Motor Show: Fri, 01 Jul, 2011 - Sun, 10 Jul, 2011

Offline Mini Scale

I think that the funniest thing was the Hyundai stand as it was one of the biggest ones (in area) there and only have 5 cars on it with about 8 staff on the Friday night...!!!!!

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
Just looking at the Motorshow website BMW is listed on the floorplan with a smallish area in the centre row in front of the Holdens and between Subaru and Nissan. Their spot looks the same size as the Maserati plot and larger than the Lambo site. http://www.motorshow.com.au/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=kfT8Y6tBshk%3d&tabid=77

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Save the $20 is my advice.

OK - I was planning next weekend, just to have a look at the Aventador.....

My (Ex)Bro-in-law was raving about it but he spent most of the time test driving Electric cars.......    :boggled:

Offline beankeen456

What about the Joss?!?!?!?!?!?

You would have spent at least 1/2 an hour with that surely?!?!?!?!?!?!?!     :doh:
Thats there, but it's a covered up test mule. It has a european V8 and weighs 1000kgs and there pretty optimistic that it will be able to show up other supercars

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Just looking at the Motorshow website BMW is listed on the floorplan with a smallish area in the centre row in front of the Holdens and between Subaru and Nissan. Their spot looks the same size as the Maserati plot and larger than the Lambo site. http://www.motorshow.com.au/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=kfT8Y6tBshk%3d&tabid=77

Yep, one futuristic (i.e., it will never be built) concept car and a lot of cardboard. Yawn.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Thats there, but it's a covered up test mule. It has a european V8 and weighs 1000kgs and there pretty optimistic that it will be able to show up other supercars

You forgot this. 

:teehee:

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
Yep, one futuristic (i.e., it will never be built) concept car and a lot of cardboard. Yawn.
Thats nuts, most people have never seen a V8 M3, a TT 1 series or even a hard top convertible. You think they'd want to promote these cars.

Offline notsofast

Im surprised that BMW would only have a concept car and none of the production cars on their stand. They obviously dont sell much as a result of the motorshow.

Anyone know if the Super GT Legacy racer on the Subaru stand is the real deal or a promo car?

Offline nuxi

• Drives: Porsche Cayenne, AMG C63S Cabrio, F8 Tributo on order
  • Name: Michael

Offline notsofast

The Subaru racer is the real deal but is virtually a rolling shell-no brakes no suspension, windows blacked out.

Show was smaller then I remembered from a couple of years back when I last went. No Ferrari was disappointing but being able to see the Aventador in the flesh made up for it. One of the highlights was checking out the 935 on the Porsche stand, always been a fan but never seen one close up so that made me quite happy. Took me two hours to see everything at a snails pace, if it wasnt for the Aventador then I probably wouldnt have gone. Lowlights being the horrendous Camaro limo and the fact that the Audi R8 GT was already gone. :(