Linked Events

• Oct 21-23 - Vic - RACV MotorClassica: Fri, 21 Oct, 2011 - Sun, 23 Oct, 2011

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
http://www.motorclassica.com.au/

I believe that last year Aussie Exotics took an interest in Melbourne's Motorclassica. We're gearing up for an even bigger and better event in 2011, and I wondered if it this could be of interest?

Organisers of the inaugural event last year were amazed by the quality and diversity of classic and vintage cars they were able to attract to an event in its first year. Three days of packed out attendances proved to them that their decision to create Australia’s first International Concours d’Elegance and Classic Motor Show was the right one.

We have already received over 200 entries for the 2011 event which constitutes a 40% increase on 2010. The cars on display will be spectacular, unusual and unexpected. There is a completely different look and feel from last year with lots more European exhibits. We have also added in extra features to the program to increase the appeal.

The program will incorporate new and popular features including:

·        The ’61 Lounge – enjoy a high tea in the lounge which celebrates some of the great cars launched in 1961

·        An auto art display in the gallery area

·        The RACV City to Country Club Rally with up to 150 vintage and veteran cars driving from the city to the RACV Healesville Country Club

·        Tour Classica – participating cars will drive through the streets of Melbourne from the Albert Park Formula One Grand Prix circuit to their event destination - the Royal Exhibition Buildings, which were completed in 1880 and placed on the World Heritage list in 2004

·        Picnic with the Classics – a free event held over the same three days in the adjacent Melbourne Museum Plaza with a great mixture of more than 100 club classic cars and a wide array of food and entertainment

·        The chance to buy a rare collectible car, motorcycle and automobilia at the Motorclassica Auction hosted by Bonhams Australia

Some of the vehicles already confirmed for 2011 include:

One of the most interesting entries confirmed so far for 2011 is the Ballot 2L Sports. This is a preservation class car and has never been restored. There are only five left in the world, meaning this stunning vehicle is as rare as it is beautiful. Originating in France, this vehicle has been in the same family for 85 years, having been passed down by Australian politician Sir Gordon Macarthur, who purchased it in 1921.

1932 Chrysler Imperial Sedan - Formerly owned by infamous US gangster "Legs" Diamond, this will provide a particularly rare sight in Australia, thanks to strict laws that usually prevent USA heritage registered cars from leaving the country. This car has never been restored and is exactly as it would have been at the time “Legs” Diamond owned it.

1973 Holden Torana XU-1 - Peter Brock’s first Torana in which he won his first Australian Touring Car Championship. Restored to its former glory.

1896 Benz Velo - What better way to commemorate 125 years of Mercedes-Benz than by viewing the oldest surviving genuine Benz in Australia.

1929 super charged Alfa Romeo 1750 Zagato - Affectionately known as the "Mrs Jones" Alfa due to its ownership by none other than 1930s female racing legend Mrs Jones. A genuine piece of Aussie racing history.

1914 Victor Motorcycle and side car - A sensational preservation. Australian company Victor created their unique motorcycles by bringing together parts from all-over the world. You are unlikely to see anything like this anywhere else in the world.

Offline safcths mito

• Drives: alot
  • Name: Wierdo
I'm going down with my mate who owns a red Porsche 930 911 turbo producing 550HP, has won Concours a few times.  :eek:
Power!!!

Offline TomE

Looks like its successful enough to become a regular event.

The Bogan in me wants to see some of these beauties strapped down to a dyno and run at full noise. :thumbsup:
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline Last_Ride

• Drives: a thing with 4 wheels
  • Name: call me habib
I'm going down with my mate who owns a red Porsche 930 911 turbo producing 550HP, has won Concours a few times.  :eek:
drop me a message when you plan to come aite .....

i missed out last year .... i will try to be there... already on my calender:D
my car does 0-100 in 30 mins

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44014241@N03/

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

How is he winning a Concours with a highly modified car?
C'mon, do it!

Offline safcths mito

The rest of the car !  ;)
Power!!!

Offline safcths mito

Also depends on different categories...
Power!!!

Offline Last_Ride

• Drives: a thing with 4 wheels
  • Name: call me habib