Offline dkabab

did anyone else find todays falcodore race boring?

we had dick johnson come into out corporate box yesterday for a Q&A, he was talking about the new "car of the future" series which is next year i think... basically a silhouette series where any manufacturer can join. someone asked about 4wd, turbo charged etc... (new technology) and dicks response was "we race taxis mate, its always going to be v8s and rwd"

pretty poor response if you ask me... the category has only been in its current form for the last 20 years... in that time its changed a lot, to expect it to be v8 taxis in another 15 years time is a bit short sighted.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

"we race taxis mate, its always going to be v8s and rwd"

pretty agricultural answer, but the whole event is quite agricultural with a large target audience being bogans.

Which would explain why they have such a huge number of harley davidsons.  Fast cars and slow bikes -  quite a match

Having said that it was amusing seeing Lowndsey commandeering one of the HD's.  But I reckon it would look much better having the grid girls on the back of some ducati's or MV Agusta's

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
we had dick johnson come into out corporate box yesterday for a Q&A, he was talking about the new "car of the future" series which is next year i think... basically a silhouette series where any manufacturer can join. someone asked about 4wd, turbo charged etc... (new technology) and dicks response was "we race taxis mate, its always going to be v8s and rwd"

Er, some of us remember when the racing was more varied and interesting - I think the "You're a pack of arseholes" was about the moment the zeitgeist of racing in Australia went from "let's race" to "let's make really fast taxis and exclude everyone else".

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Someone was asking me today whether I can hear the concerts from my place - as it turns out, yes, quite clearly. Right now The Living End are playing All Fall Down (or whatever). :cool:

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
"we race taxis mate, its always going to be v8s and rwd"

He is one of the Ambassadors for the sport, so has to support the category, wouldn't look good for him saying that they should be changing the category rules around.

Had lots of positive feed back on the GT races by the crowds, today after the GT race the crowd in the pits was massive as they had all just watched a great race that displayed:

a) Simonsen go on a Lap record hunting expedition (4 Lap records in the first 5 laps)
b) Close racing between Quinn and Brock with completely different cars with differing strengths
c) All the different engine notes
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline dkabab

all my friends who went to the race on the weekend all said the same thing.

the gt cars were their favorite and they loved the sounds they made, and how cool was that chrome Mercedes thing....

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
and how cool was that chrome Mercedes thing....

See Phil.... the chrome works

we have at least 2X more people stopping to look at the Mercs than any other car, I wish i had a dollar for every pic taken of them.

Also would like a dollar for every time i was asked "whats that" in regards to the Mosler.
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
See Phil.... the chrome works

we have at least 2X more people stopping to look at the Mercs than any other car, I wish i had a dollar for every pic taken of them.

Also would like a dollar for every time i was asked "whats that" in regards to the Mosler.

The magpie effect...

Ooooh, shiny.

But the juice of it is lost, and you can't read the livery.

Offline dkabab

The magpie effect...

Ooooh, shiny.

But the juice of it is lost, and you can't read the livery.

Better than no one looking at your car at all