Linked Events

• Classic Targa Adelaide - SA - Aug 22-26: Wed, 22 Aug, 2012 - Sun, 26 Aug, 2012

Offline t01-100

• Drives: Japanese and German
  • Name: SB
JBO

Thanks for your input mate,  I can certainly confirm that you're recent concerns have already been addressed in our developing an improved event going forward.
A number of exciting new activities will be detailed in the coming weeks that will ensure Supaloc Targa Adelaide is even more eventful in 2012!

Cheers

Stuart Benson
Sporting Director Octagon

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
Thanks Stuart,

I'm a massive fan of the event (and its predecessor the Classic Adelaide).

A great finale would be the icing on the cake.

I have senior contacts at Unley Council if that helps, in regards to accessing King William Street for any type of start or finish event.

A good backup could be Wayville Showgrounds. The atmosphere wouldnt be as good as King William or Hutt but there heaps of parking for punters, lots of undercover areas for display and secure storage of the cars, and numerous options for stage locations, entertainment, hospitality etc etc.

All the best with this year and sorry if I sounded like a naysayer in my previous email. But everyone knows the finale needs to be a lot better than last year.

Good luck with the event
JBO

PS - I've got 18 years comms/PR experience if you need someone to assist.

This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/one-objection-will-halt-hills-car-races-says-council/story-e6frea83-1226328151242

CAR rallies in the Adelaide Hills are under threat because the local council says they can't proceed unless every person on the proposed route agrees.

Only one person on the route has to refuse permission and an event will not be allowed to proceed.

The Tour Down Under is unlikely to be affected because it involves rolling road closures, not permanent closures for lengthy periods.

Tourism and car racing officials say events under threat from the move include the Bay to Birdwood, the CAMS Tarmac Rally and the Targa Rally - formerly the Classic Adelaide Rally.

At a meeting in March, the Adelaide Hills Council passed two motions agreeing to the Adelaide Hills Tarmac Rally and the Scouts Rally SA 2012, but made it clear each was "subject to organisers obtaining the written agreement of every resident along each planned special stage".

The motions also call for organisers to conduct post-event community consultation and report their findings to the council within two months of the event. Council chief executive Peter Peppin said yesterday the council was still receiving feedback from rally organisers and could reconsider its position at a meeting next week.

The Advertiser understands both the SA Tourism Commission and the Confederation of Australian Motor Sport had written to the council protesting against at the move.

The Tourism Commission is "seriously alarmed" by the decision because it could result in the cancellation of tarmac rally events.

Organisers of the Scouts Rally have been doorknocking on the proposed route of this year's rally in a bid to get full co-operation.

On one section of the route, they only obtained 95 per cent acceptance.

Events SA general manager Hitaf Rasheed said she had been surprised to hear of the council's decision especially considering that in previous dealings with the council it had been very supportive of these types of events.

"We are hopeful the council will change its decision and we have written to it asking for the issue to be reconsidered," she said.

CAMS chief executive David Morgan said the conditions were absurd because the event had been running through the Hills for decades with only a small number of complaints from residents.

"We hope common sense prevails and I am quite confident we can work it through with the council," he said.

Offline JBO

This is complete idiocy.
No wonder the other states laugh at us.
Hopefully the AH Council come to their senses or at least bow to pressure...is there anything we as forum members can do to help get this decision overturned?
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline Cuso

This is complete idiocy.
No wonder the other states laugh at us.
Hopefully the AH Council come to their senses or at least bow to pressure...is there anything we as forum members can do to help get this decision overturned?

If it helps I laugh at you becuase most of you are weird and nothing related to the above.

Growing up in Kaniva, Vic and the only Vic team in the AFL league, we got a good beating each week. We learnt to say we were from Bordertown whenever out drinking in ADL in the mid 90's back in the "Vic Friendly Hotel" days

Offline blackr35

AH council. Inbreeding, nepotism, cronyism...they have no problems with the daily drink driving through the AH that causes far more problems on a regular basis.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I know I'm a slow learner but I'm still not sure if there is an equivalent category to the old Thoroughbred Touring with 130km/h allowed but no timekeeping and no cage required.  :confused:

Offline JBO

now then....who's idea was it to utilise the showgrounds???

;) :thumbsup:

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

now then....who's idea was it to utilise the showgrounds???

;) :thumbsup:

OK.  I give up. Who?