Linked Events

• Classic Targa Adelaide - SA - Aug 22-26: Wed, 22 Aug, 2012 - Sun, 26 Aug, 2012

Offline TomE

When entering these events, in the touring not the full on competition section.
Dose your insurance cover you?
Or do you take out another cover for the event?

Shannons used to cover Tour and T/T in their standard policy but i've been told that they have now excluded the whole event due to a pay out a few years ago.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
Shannons used to cover Tour and T/T in their standard policy but i've been told that they have now excluded the whole event due to a pay out a few years ago.

Could be something to ask James at Wallace Risk Solutions to find out for the guys considering entering..

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Could be something to ask James at Wallace Risk Solutions to find out for the guys considering entering..

The answer will be no, or stupidly expensive.

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
The answer will be no, or stupidly expensive.

If it is no insurance then it makes it hard or atleast risky to enter anything expensive into the event.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

If it is no insurance then it makes it hard or atleast risky to enter anything expensive into the event.

Yep. You have to be able to visualise a total loss and be able to live with that. I'm on the fence as a result.

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club

Yep. You have to be able to visualise a total loss and be able to live with that. I'm on the fence as a result.

Reward Vs Risk

mmm, not very cool

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club

I have had my broker on this for the last couple of weeks.
So far there has been no insurance that he can get for me.
He did mention that there was roumers of coverage for 1 day events but at a premium of $35000.

I can visualise total loss and I can but definately DON'T want to live with that, so this is a no for me.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
PR.

I write to you today to advise you of a public announcement that has just been sent out and is attached for your information advising that with the support of Events South Australia that we will be expanding the Supaloc Classic Targa Adelaide event to include all competitions currently offered at our other three Targa events.  There are many reasons for this addition to the event but the key reasons are the need for the event to deliver greater economic returns to South Australia through visitation and to secure more media coverage through manufacturers support.

It will see the event grow into more of a Targa Tasmania event and create a much larger event.  It will now also become the opening round of the CAMS Australian Targa Championship for ALL competitions.

As you are aware, both ourselves and Events SA were and remain very committed to a classic competition but the harsh reality is that in these less than ideal economic times, a classic only field large enough to sustain an international event in Australia is highly unlikely.

We sincerely hope that you will see the merits of this decision and understand that that one the decision was not made lightly and was made in the end in the best interest of all competitors to ensure that Adelaide has a Targa event well into the future.

We also have some exciting developments in relation to the course, which we will announce in the next couple of weeks.

To ensure that competitors in all modern competitions have the opportunity to secure the cheapest available entry fee, we have now extended the recently closed Launch Entry closing date to 30 March.  New Classic competitors will also be able to secure this entry fee until the same date in the interests of fairness.

In case you weren’t aware, the InterContinental Adelaide is the events home and will host both the Welcome Party and the Presentation Dinner. To book call 08 8238 2400, email reservations.adelaide@interconti.com and quote ‘Targa’ or click here to book online and get the special Targa Rate!

Please feel free to email me any thoughts you have and I look forward to welcoming you all to the event on August 22. For more information of how this will impact the event please see the official press release here.

Mark Perry | General Manager - Events, Australia

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
their entry fees are actually very reasonable compared to when Silverstone events ran it! Last year was a bit of a non-event and like they say harsh reality is they need the numbers for it to survive! Wish them every success!!
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
As long as they don't have the finale outside the intercontinental again I'll be happy.

Last year the finale was WOEFUL.

Get back to Hutt St or King William, where we can see ALL the cars parked together and have a beer overlooking the street.

The general public is a terrible barometer of taste. Trust your own sensibilities.